4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 03-12-2007, 12:49 PM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
What's your closest tie to idiocy?

SO often we hear about people doing totally stupid things that a reasonable, rational person would never even consider. They end up on the news, and we all just shake our heads and laugh it off or we thank our lucky stars they aren't OUR relative. Well, sad as it is, they're all someone's relative or neighbor, or co-worker.

So what's your closest brush with idiocy? Who do you know that did something just so stupid that you were left in awe of them?

Ours is:
My husbands sisters husbands brother has to get the award here. He and a couple friends went drinking one night and one had to urinate, but they were out in the boonies, so there were no rest rooms around. He decided to just get out and do it along the road. His friends stayed in the pick up to wait for him. While they were waiting, the pick up rolled backwards and ran their peeing friend over, killing him.

Not knowing what to do, they loaded hm into the truck between them and took off for town. On the way, they decided they were gonna get in trouble for being so drunk and so wanted more time to decide what to do. So they headed to McDonalds, drove through the drive-through with him propped up between them, and ate their meals while trying to decide how to get out of the mess they were in.

They both ended up in jail for a variety of charges, including but not limited to abuse of a corpse.

This story actually hit the National Enquirer... so you KNOW it's ridiculous! Sadly, it is true.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:05 PM   #2
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
SO often we hear about people doing totally stupid things that a reasonable, rational person would never even consider. They end up on the news, and we all just shake our heads and laugh it off or we thank our lucky stars they aren't OUR relative. Well, sad as it is, they're all someone's relative or neighbor, or co-worker.

So what's your closest brush with idiocy? Who do you know that did something just so stupid that you were left in awe of them?

Ours is:
My husbands sisters husbands brother has to get the award here. He and a couple friends went drinking one night and one had to urinate, but they were out in the boonies, so there were no rest rooms around. He decided to just get out and do it along the road. His friends stayed in the pick up to wait for him. While they were waiting, the pick up rolled backwards and ran their peeing friend over, killing him.

Not knowing what to do, they loaded hm into the truck between them and took off for town. On the way, they decided they were gonna get in trouble for being so drunk and so wanted more time to decide what to do. So they headed to McDonalds, drove through the drive-through with him propped up between them, and ate their meals while trying to decide how to get out of the mess they were in.

They both ended up in jail for a variety of charges, including but not limited to abuse of a corpse.

This story actually hit the National Enquirer... so you KNOW it's ridiculous! Sadly, it is true.

OMG Tink!!! That is by far the BEST story I have ever heard in my life to this day. OMG OMG OMG, that's all I can continue to say.

Me and idiocy tend to be close friends at times. I got drunk one night at a bar celebrating Cinco De Mayo. On the way out I saw a donkey jack ass pinata hanging from the ceiling and figured I should have that. So, jumping up I snatched the sucker and put it under my arm as I walked out.

The bouncer at the bar grabbed me by my shoulder and pulled me backwards back into the bar entrance. He asked why I was carrying their pinata out. I told him I payed some guy $5.00 for it and he gave it to me. Needless to say he didn't believe me and I had to give the donkey pinata back.

You know, now that I think of it I have ever yet again celebrated Cinco De Mayo.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:25 PM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

My husband has pulled some pretty good ones! Here's one that he's having a hard time living down:

My husband is a farmer and a couple of years ago at harvest the combine broke down. It needed to be welded so he decided to pull it home. He hooked onto the combine, pulling the combine backwards, and headed home. Between where he was at and home there is a bridge with a very short bannister, maybe 2 - 2 1/2feet tall or so. He thought about the combine header catching on the bannister when he went over but since he can lift the header when he drives over he thought that he was ok. As he drove over he heard a loud racket and knew immediately that he had caught. He forgot that the header was still lowered and almost ripped the whole header clear off of the combine!!! He still gets teased about it.

When we were first married my husband hauled a lot of hay and always used hay hooks to move the hay around. One day he was on the tractor doing something with the hay and he threw his hay hooks on the ground because he didn't need them at the time. You guessed it, after messing a while with the tractor he noticed that one of his tires was going down. Well, he knew that he had ran over a hay hook, then he thought "Great, now where's the other hay hook?" He backed up a little to look for it and it showed up in the other tire!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 09:54 AM   #4
Ponyup

I guess the best story I have is also a farm story. When my brother was little he used to follow my grandpa everywhere. When he was only 2 he followed my grandpa up into the hay mount. My grandpa told him to stand right there while he went to through hay down. The bale of hay took a bad bounce and hit my brother, my brother happened to be standing right in front of the door & knocked him out into the cow feeder. My grandpa jumped out after him.

Thought of another grandpa & brother story. My grandpa had a pile of trash that he needed to burn (this was back when it was okay to do this). The pile had old farm machinary, oily rags, that kinda of stuff & was then dosed with gasoline to get the fire going. My brother was 8 at the time & liked fire, so my grandpa told him to light it. YOu guessed it, it blew up & burned my brothers face & arms. He was wearing glasses & a hat so his eyes were protected, but it was pretty bad.
Ponyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:56 PM   #5
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Something my son and I laugh at to this day is, probably 5 -7 years ago, the three of us were at Pizza Hut. We were just sitting there waiting on our pizza when my husband got this really weird and funny expression on his face. All of a sudden he fell out of his chair, smack dab on the floor. My son and I laughed so hard I thought I was going to pee my pants. We still laugh about it today. It was like funny look on face and then over he went....

Another time, when we were in Florida, we were behind another car at a hotel and my husband got out to go pay for the rooms and everything. When he got to the front of our car he turned to look at our son and then ran smack into the car in front of us. My son laughed so hard over that one too.

Yes, most of our entertainment comes from the goofy things my hubby does.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:57 AM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I have another really funny story about my two youngest daughters.....

We had gone to Texas to spend time at the coast and decided that we wanted to east seafood since it surely had to be better next to the coast. Well, we were in an area that wasn't heavily populated but we found a place to eat from the brochures in our motel room. When we get there it was a double wide home that had been remodeled into a restaurant and it was very elegant inside.

After we had ordered our food I went to the restroom and in there was a bidet, which I know absolutely nothing about and I knew that my girls were going to ask a lot of questions about. So when I went back to the table I mentioned that there was something in the bathroom that if they had any questions about, I wouldn't know. Which immediately made the girl curious and they had to go and check out.

My daughters at the time were 5 and 15, an interesting age combo!! When they got to the bathroom they were checking out the bidet and the oldest one turned a knob while they were both standing over the bidet and water shot up to the ceiling!!! No joke, there was a wet spot on the ceiling when I checked later!!! The oldest decided that they better go lock the bathroom door so they could get it cleaned up and while she was doing that the youngest decided to turn the knob again!!! I didn't know what was going on but when they came back to the table I looked at my older daughter across the table from me and her hair was wet around her face. I said "You just had to play with it, didn't you?" And she said "At least I didn't get it as bad as her (meaning her little sister)." I looked at my youngest daughter who was sitting on my left and her hair was so wet that her bangs were swiped across her forehead!!!! I just about died laughing and still do even though it's been about 10 years since we did that!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:06 PM   #7
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Hubby tells one on himself. He was driving down a dirt road pulling a cattle trailer with a cow inside taking her to the vet. He went over a hill and looked to the open field on the right and the trailer with the cow inside were passing him. He had not secured the hitch properly. Fortunately the trailer came to a safe stop. The cow was unhurt so he hitched her up and when on into town. He said the cow had her feet planted on the trailer floor and was looking straight ahead mooing.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote