4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 03-21-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Unhappy This Week Is So Stressful !!

When it rains it pours ~ and I definitely need it to STOP raining!! About a week ago my tiny Yorkie became pretty ill. Runny poop mixed w/ blood and mucus and his ability to let it shoot and spray EVERYwhere kept me running. So he goes to the vet and he's got a little virus.

Well Ransom likes to share, so he then this week gave his virus to Schatzie and Annabelle. Same spraying and shooting action from the back ends of them. I mean I EVEN have blood on my drapes from them. So, steam cleaning the house and running after them. They too go the vet. Luckily i was given some much better stool medicine and thank heaven the stools are once again normal. So now we are just working on finishing their antibiodics.

Then....I get a call from a friend who has my other horse at his pasture. He begins to tell me that Teenah has a pretty bad laseration on her leg and she needs to see the vet. So, quickly I head to his place, load her up, and we head off to the vet. The vets were nice enough to wait for me because it was after hours by the time we arrived. Teenah has a HORRIBLE cut and she's on some major medicine with a boot wrap on her leg. She is very lame now but the vet assured me she will heal just fine.

Then....my hubbies very dear friend only has days to live due to Lupus and Cancer. So he is driving to Kansas this weekend to visit with her. He's horribly sad and I feel bad because I've been so busy chasing sick animals around that I felt I havent had the time to comfort him as he needs. He leaves tomorrow and I will be all alone until Sunday night.

My other horse is at the trainers for 30 days so I can't go ride her to "escape and forget my woes", my other horse is lame, so I guess all I can do this weekend is "continue to clean my house" and wait for hubby to return.

Maybe I should have put this thread into the "positivie" forum because the fur kids are feeling better, my lame horse will get better, and my other horse is doing fantastic w/ her training, and my husband will return home in just a few short days.

I guess it's hard at times to see the positive side of things when you feel so stressed. So.....I might just have two glasses of wine tonight rather than one. Wont hurt nothing right?? LOL
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #2
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Girl, go treat yourself tonight, cant do no harm! Sorry you had a terrible week, i thought as much, but didnt know what was going on apart from the babies being sick. Glad they doing ok!
I hope Teenah will recover ASAP, and hubby... awwww sheryl, it must be so hard for him. Give him my best wishes.

Come here, and catch this squeezy hug!
Cheer up kiddo, we right here as always!
Old 03-21-2007, 01:52 PM   #3
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
I know you said its hard to see the positive side but it seems like you see it more than you realize. I'm glad the fur babies are feeling better (& the spraying poop clean up has stopped). My thoughts are with your hubby & he drives & tries to deal with the emotions he must be feeling. I'm sure he knows you are there for him & when he gets home things will have calmed down enough so you can give him the time, attention & support you want to. When your horse gets home make sure you have a great relaxing ride for both of you. I'm sure she has missed you as well.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:53 PM   #4
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Aw Sheryl, I'm sorry you've got so much tough stuff going on all at once!
Thank God your babies will recover and hubby will come home, but Dang it's a rough ride sometimes.

I hope things improve quickly for you. I love that you are able to see the good down the road.

HUGS
Old 03-21-2007, 02:54 PM   #5
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Sheryl, I'm so sorry things are stressful right now! At least it seems that it's mostly starting to get better again. It's great that you are able to find the positive in even hard situations. I wish I could be more like you!

As for your hubby. That's awful! At least he has the chance to see his friend. Not everyone has that opportunity. *hugs*
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 04:23 PM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm glad that your "problems" are only temporary. It's always nice to see a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:26 PM   #7
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Sorry all this had to happen, but so glad you see the positive in it all. Hope you get some rest so you are ready to comfort hubby when he gets home.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:53 AM   #8
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Sheryl I'm sorry you have been having a heck of a last couple of weeks. It's so good that you can also see the positive side. It will get better. We all go through periods like this....Lord knows you've helped me plenty with my 'raining.'

Keep positive thoughts in your head and heart. We're here for you girl!!