4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 04-27-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
toodles

Send a message via AIM to toodles
Angry stupid questions/stupid answers

I really am sick of dealing with stupid questions. (I swear I am not referring to anyone on this site at all...just a general feeling about life). On a daily basis, I am asked a LOT of questions. and many of them are good questions that I would expect people to ask. but honestly, there are some really stupid questions. My husband asks a ton of stupid questions. he is probably king of stupid questions. He asks me questions where the answers are completely obvious. "honey, what's this??" from the opposite end of the house. "ummm...gee...I have NO idea, why don't you show it to me and I'll help you out!" and it's usually something that one of the dogs has dragged in. well, my guess is as good as yours on that one sweetie!!

another common one he asks "what's wrong with her?" (referring to my 6 year old daughter). well...I can go and ask her what is wrong but if you are curious..why don't you go and ask her? (you have to understand, my dd is a drama queen so there is always something "wrong")

I just get really tired of him and other people asking me questions that they can find out the answer the exact same way I do.

And then I get a lot of these from other people "Why do you put shirts on your dog?? isn't she hot?" (said inside my office building on a 60 degree day when she has a t-shirt on) Well...she seems to be completely comfortable and not bothered by it...so what is your point again??

maybe I am just pms'ing but I am really tired of it. I think I will start giving people stupid answers when they ask stupid questions.
toodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:01 AM   #2
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

See, us woman are supose to know everything LOL - i hear you, sometimes it can get to us.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:54 AM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Mandy, sometimes it MORE than gets to us. When I get asked stupid questions like that I just want to scream. Maybe that's what you should do Toodles, don't answer...just scream. I usually just ignore my husband's stupid questions and when he asks why I didn't answer him...I just look at him and tell him to figure it out. I write everything on the calendar and he will still say...I didn't know that was today.....boy toodles, you've started me going.....LOLOL
Old 04-28-2007, 03:23 AM   #4
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Mandy, sometimes it MORE than gets to us. When I get asked stupid questions like that I just want to scream. Maybe that's what you should do Toodles, don't answer...just scream. I usually just ignore my husband's stupid questions and when he asks why I didn't answer him...I just look at him and tell him to figure it out. I write everything on the calendar and he will still say...I didn't know that was today.....boy toodles, you've started me going.....LOLOL

LMAO!!! Janet i know.... LOL .... i was trying to stay nice about it hahahahaha - you caught me out!

Just pretend you did NOT hear those stupid questions, take a deep breath and walk away LOL
Old 04-28-2007, 04:26 AM   #5
goofywife
Donating 4WT Yakker

I love the "where are you going ?" "to the store" "what store" "why do you need something" "no" "why do you need to know what store" "cause I might need something" "What store do you need something from, I'll stop there" "never mind, I'll go get, don't worry" "So why did ya bring it up"

After 13 years, its the same stores. Why do they ask?

OK Yorkie Rescue-Another Chance at Love
goofywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 05:16 AM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

My husband and I will sit down to watch TV together and turn it on in the middle of a movie and it never fails that my husband will ask me, " So what's going on?" Duh, I've seen as much of the movie as he has!!!

Or I'll be at the very end of a movie and he'll sit down and want me to explain the whole movie for him. Why, so he can follow the last 5 minutes of it?

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 05:21 AM   #7
goofywife
Donating 4WT Yakker

Mine does that all the time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB
My husband and I will sit down to watch TV together and turn it on in the middle of a movie and it never fails that my husband will ask me, " So what's going on?" Duh, I've seen as much of the movie as he has!!!

Or I'll be at the very end of a movie and he'll sit down and want me to explain the whole movie for him. Why, so he can follow the last 5 minutes of it?

OK Yorkie Rescue-Another Chance at Love
goofywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 05:24 AM   #8
blowry

Well, I guess either I have A LOT of patience or I am the stupid one LOL! I don't get bothered by stupid questions..I will usually will give them a look and say
What did you ask me? Then they realize they could have figured it out themselves.
A teacher once told me that the only stupid question is the one that is not asked.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:27 AM   #9
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
So true Brenda, but then again...your teacher probably never met my husband!!!
Old 04-28-2007, 05:32 AM   #10
blowry

Quote:

LOL!
Old 04-28-2007, 05:45 AM   #11
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Janet, you crack me up!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:03 AM   #12
oknbug

When I read this post I couldn't help but laugh...I was just talking to my DD the other day when she said she was trying to find the opportune time to use the bathroom ....trying to be discreet....she has a live in boyfriend.....she slips in when he's occupied with the neighbor.....then it comes... the tapping on the door & then the stupid ?..."What are you doing in there?" ...she yelled back..."Get away!!!... What the h*ll do you think I'm doing!!"....she was so embarrassed to come out...I cracked up when she told me this....
Old 04-28-2007, 06:49 AM   #13
mistyinca

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofywife
I love the "where are you going ?" "to the store" "what store" "why do you need something" "no" "why do you need to know what store" "cause I might need something" "What store do you need something from, I'll stop there" "never mind, I'll go get, don't worry" "So why did ya bring it up"

After 13 years, its the same stores. Why do they ask?
LOLOLOL!!! This is my husband.

"Dang it, Drew!...I'm goin' to the grocery store, and I would have been there and back by now if you'd just stop interrogating me!"
mistyinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:03 AM   #14
Amber_lv

LOL this thread is cracking me up!!!! I have to say i think my Hubby is the king of stupid questions!! he does the movie thing where he asks what's going on i'll be doing something that he can see plain as day and he'll ask me what i'm doing. when something is going on and i don't really know either he asks me what's going on it's like i know as much as you do i hate stupid questions my whole family is like that it drives me insane and yes i do scream when they ask them lol
Amber_lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:24 AM   #15
YorkieEmma

You all are....

just too funny I think I'm gonna really like this board this thread has me cracking up!