4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 05-01-2007, 02:29 PM   #1
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Hi

I haven't been on for a couple of days, and just wanted to say hello. I hope everybody's okay I'll probably be back on tomorrow for a while. Right now I have to get dressed fast and run out to pottery class. Retired life is so tough!

The weather here is magnificent. I love being outside in spring and summer.
I took Max to a lovely park late yesterday afternoon. He was on an extendable leash, running in circles through the grass with the soft wind blowing in his Yorkie hair. It was wonderful to watch him! I wished I was a dog for a couple of minutes there.

How's the weather in the rest of the country?

Missed you all,

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
DianeW

Red face Hello

Hello, I Am New On This Site, I Came Over From Yt, The Weather Over Here Is Glorious At The Moment, I Too Love Spring Days As You Get The Lovely Sunshine, But Without The Dreaded Heat And Humidity.

I Have Been In Work All Day But When I Get Home, Harvey Loves Me To Play Ball Outside For A While - He Is Usually Fed Up Of My Husband When I Get Home, As He Has Been With Him All Day............ And Wants Mummy To Play.
DianeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:13 PM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

It's been rainy here all day and is suppose to stay rainy for the next few days. At least it's not cold.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:34 PM   #4
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
It's 70 with a nice breeze and sunshine here in Wisconsin. It's supposed to be this way most of the week. You won't see me complaining about it! I love this weather!
Old 05-01-2007, 04:21 PM   #5
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

It's been really nice in TN lately. I've really been enjoying the warm weather!

I'm glad to see that you've put your picture on your profile. It's nice to know who we are talking to.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:26 PM   #6
green_sleeves

Talking quick question

Just wondering how to put a slide show where the aviator is.....all I can do is stick one picture up- or should I go to FAQ? Looks like fun
Old 05-01-2007, 05:09 PM   #7
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_sleeves
Just wondering how to put a slide show where the aviator is.....all I can do is stick one picture up- or should I go to FAQ? Looks like fun
I'd be happy to make one for you. I'll send you a PM.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
Old 05-01-2007, 05:26 PM   #8
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Hi Judy,

Glad to see you , today was 65 and sunny, they are expecting showers tonight. Suppose to be nice the rest of the week. So you lucky girl are retired lol good for you! Enjoy your pottery class ..
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 06:06 PM   #9
Passionfruition

Hello Judy, welcome!

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss
Passionfruition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:17 PM   #10
Mandy

Hi Judy, nice to see you I used to go to pottery classes, it was a lot of fun to make things, but i ended up giving it all away everytime i brought something home LOL

The weather has been very nice for the past weeks, but we havent had rain in about 5 weeks now. Im not complaining, i love the warm weather!! But i dont think the farmers are too thrilled.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:02 AM   #11
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Glad to see you're back. I really need to take a few days off the computer and get more stuff done around here. The weather here has been wonderful too. In the mid 80's, but today in the mid 70's. Can't complain, everything is starting to bloom and it's just beautiful.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:37 AM   #12
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

So spring has sprung all over - finally! I just love it. I'm shopping on e-Bay for flip flops in every color right now and have already checked to be sure that my spot on the beach wasn't eaten away by that big Nor'easter we had. Bathing suits are ready in the drawer, and then I'm in heaven, laying on my beach chair reading and going swimming in the ocean.

What do you all do to beat the summer heat?

Old 05-02-2007, 09:39 AM   #13
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy
So spring has sprung all over - finally! I just love it. I'm shopping on e-Bay for flip flops in every color right now and have already checked to be sure that my spot on the beach wasn't eaten away by that big Nor'easter we had. Bathing suits are ready in the drawer, and then I'm in heaven, laying on my beach chair reading and going swimming in the ocean.

What do you all do to beat the summer heat?
I'll be working in a nice office with air conditioning, lol. That's where I'll be spending most of my time this summer, but I do have a few vacations planned (one to Mexico and one to Pittsburgh for sure...maybe a few other sporadic trips as well). I hope you enjoy your nice warm weather!
Old 05-02-2007, 02:56 PM   #14
Passionfruition

Pottery class? How fun! I'd love to take a class like that someday! I love arts and crafts. Let us know what you make while you're there!

Here in Charleston the weather is hot....like summer! It's nuts b/c everyone is already in swimming pool and beach mentality by the past 2 weekends and it wasn't even May yet. Well, now it is but you know what I mean.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss
Passionfruition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:01 AM   #15
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionfruits
Pottery class? How fun! I'd love to take a class like that someday! I love arts and crafts. Let us know what you make while you're there!

Here in Charleston the weather is hot....like summer! It's nuts b/c everyone is already in swimming pool and beach mentality by the past 2 weekends and it wasn't even May yet. Well, now it is but you know what I mean.

Charleston must be gorgeous. I teach an English class at a college nearby, and we read the novel "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil." It takes place in Savannah, which we all fall in love with by the time we're finished reading the book. One of my goals is to go there someday.

Pottery class is really nice. I've made a bunch of vases, a lot of wall hangings, a beautiful cross, and right now I'm working on a plate, a vase and anther wall hanging. I'm trying out mixing crystals, like amethyst, beautiful stones, various beads, and I don't know what else into my work. If I ever get a digital camera, I'll take pictures.

Enjoy the day. We're going to have about 5 good ones in a row! I'm going to take
my car in for a minor adjustment, then Max and I will walk over to get my hair blown, and then take a leisurely walk home. Nice....