4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 05-17-2007, 03:30 PM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Falling in love

I used to breed German Shepherds about 30 yrs ago. I loved it! I've missed having puppies to play with, and seeing Janets babies just brought it all back big time! Gee thanks Janet!

After getting Moses, I've been researching poodles and of course, breeds they're now crossing them with to create new breeds. I have to admit I'm falling in love with the goldendoodles. Just looking at all the info online about them has made me want one... and our nephew added to the fever when he showed up with a labradoodle!

Once our survey is done and fence put up, I'm thinking very seriously about looking for a golden retriever mate for Moses. If I can find a female that's as sweet as he is, I just might give it a go!

I don't know how anyone could resist a face like this!doodle.jpg
Old 05-18-2007, 03:43 AM   #2
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

That picture is adorable!! I have heard a lot about the labradoodle, but have never seen on around. Who knows, maybe one day
Old 05-18-2007, 06:18 AM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I think the Goldendoodles are so pretty. If you continue to do your research, I see no reason why you shouldn't pursue this. I'm really not for mixing breeds, but Goldendoodles are gorgeous.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:03 AM   #4
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

What an adorable picture! Looks like a cute combination. Good luck Tink.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:15 AM   #5
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

The picture of Moses made me smile. He is absolutley adorable! I hope everything works out for your venture again into breeding.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:51 AM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Moses is such a cutie! Designer dogs are becoming really big sellers. You might enjoy having puppies again after all these years!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #7
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
You know here at 4WT we'll support you in whatever you do!!!
Old 05-20-2007, 03:01 PM   #8
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

He's precious. Good luck with this new adventure.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:21 PM   #9
Emmsmom

I know this is something you have been thinking about for a while. After seeing that pup next door I didn't think it would be too much longer. LOL Good Luck!
Old 05-24-2007, 07:01 AM   #10
highlans

We used to have a golden retreiver the best dogs ever along side yorkies.
highlans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:09 AM   #11
Passionfruition

I have been wanting a Goldendoodle for years!!!!! My husband is not so hot on big dogs, but he says the next house we buy, when we get a larger house with a yard, etc....then I can get my Goldendoodle. I rarely see them around town, but I do sometimes, and my heart just falls in love every time I see one! A very smart big, lovable dog that doesn't shed? I'm so in!

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."- Dr. Seuss
Passionfruition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:06 AM   #12
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Yes, I LOVE the low shed part... I can wear black pants around Moses and not look like I own a dog when I leave the house. His single purpose in life seems to be to keep us laughing, and he's actually very good at it. Not having had a dog even remotely like him before, I am really impressed. We've always had working/guard type dogs such as rotties, Shepherds, or border collies. While I loved them all, I did have to be more cautious with them around children and strangers, and the hair they shed was a mess!

As far as a family pet for people with kids and allergies I think Moses is ideal. He and my 2 yr old granddaughter stand nose to nose... she giggles, he wiggles, and they simply adore each other. It's just SO cute! He's about 60 lbs now, will be a yr old next month... and is super gentle with her in spite of his rather clumsy movements. Our neighbors 4 and 5 yr olds love him too. if they stand still, so does he. If they jump around, he bounces around them like a clown. The younger one is usually scared of dogs because she was brutally attacked by a husky a couple of years ago, but Moses has managed to win her over in spite of his size.

He's a cutie and my vet says he's well put together for his breed, etc. but the main reason I'd like to breed him is to pass on his personality. His first 4 months of life were spent in a kennel with little human interaction, so I can only imagine what he'd be like if he'd have been properly socialized from birth like he should have been! I plan to look for a female that's as sweet natured as he is.

At this point I really don't even know what price to charge for pups. I've seen them advertised for anywhere from $350 - $2500! That's quite a range! I will most likely keep to the lower end just beacuse I really want families with children to be able to have the pups.

Last edited by Tink; 05-24-2007 at 10:09 AM.
Tink is offline   Reply With Quote