4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Old 09-25-2007, 10:57 AM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
If

If money, age and time were no object... what would you really like to do?

Why?

Why didn't you?
Old 09-25-2007, 11:48 AM   #2
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

I would love to have had a doggie hotel, one of those fancy ones, with tv/radio in the rooms, swimming pool, onboard groomer, and only offer the best, of the best.

Why: because dogs are my passion!

Why i didnt: because i dont have the guts.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I want to travel around the world.

Why? I just love to travel and I haven't been far out of Canada yet. I love to see how other people live, and how breathtaking some views can be that other people wake up to every morning. You're only on earth for a short time and there's so much out there to experience!

Why I didn't: It's my first year out of college, and I have crazy loans that are going to take me the next 20 years to pay off.... HOWEVER, next year I've got 3 little trips planned Mexico in January, Vegas in May, and NYC in November I'm saving my pennies right now! In the next few years I would really love to go to Europe.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:51 PM   #4
AngieDoogles

I'd love to take my family an amazing vacation they'd NEVER forget...to all kinds of exotic and beautiful places they wouldn't be able to see otherwise. Then Bren and I would go somewhere special by ourselves...

Why? Because I love to travel and I love to spend time with my family. I love seeing them happy and being able to do something nice for them. This would accomplish all of those things!

Why haven't I? Because I'm a poor college student and something like that would be super expensive! LOL! Also, with mom being sick, and school, and Marty (who I simply could NOT leave)...I just have too many responsibilities to be able to go away like that...
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:26 PM   #5
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I would love to travel, especially to tropical places. I love the beach and swimming and I would love to learn how to scuba dive and snorkle.

The reason I don't is because my husband is self-employed and everything has to go back into our business. There's a real stress about being your own boss and paying the bills. We do take vacations but they're usually the kind where you stay in a camper, tent, or a cabin, and don't get me wrong, they're fun but to actually stay somewhere really nice and near the water and having someone else worry about the cooking and cleaning sounds so appealing to me. I just hope that someday I get to go on a cruise. I would love to do that!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:04 PM   #6
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
In the most graceful form, I would want to ballroom dance to beautiful music. I'm not one to travel too far, never overseas, I'm pretty simple.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:09 PM   #7
2tiredmom

If i had the money...
I'd remodel an old country barn and live in it. Make it into a bed and breakfast.
But I don't have the money or the time. Raise my own cattle and chickens.
Why: Because I love the Country. Fresh air.......So be it. It's just a dream.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:37 PM   #8
goofywife
Donating 4WT Yakker

If time and money were no object, I would have a gift shop on hwy 1 in Washington or Northern California, right on the edge of a cliff over looking the ocean. The shop would have a balcony that I could sit and watch the sun set with the whales and seals swimming.

All of my customers would be happy and love to shop. I would have a house not to far away and my daugther and her family would live close by so the grand kids could come stay with me for the summer.

Why, because I do not like the plains, there is not enough trees, mountains and ocean for me.

Why didn't I: I had a baby at 20 and life began. I still hope to do that when we retire.

OK Yorkie Rescue-Another Chance at Love
goofywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:12 AM   #9
Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
In the most graceful form, I would want to ballroom dance to beautiful music. I'm not one to travel too far, never overseas, I'm pretty simple.

That is so sweet, Janet. I love to watch ballroom dancing, it's indeed very graceful. You, and hubby can always take classes. I wish my DH would, but he is more into my son's kind of music can you believe it, at hes age
Old 09-28-2007, 07:04 AM   #10
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
That is so sweet, Janet. I love to watch ballroom dancing, it's indeed very graceful. You, and hubby can always take classes. I wish my DH would, but he is more into my son's kind of music can you believe it, at hes age
LOL My husband has no rythym whatsoever. We do not dance well together at all and I always felt embarassed when he danced....he thinks he's good...LOL
Old 09-28-2007, 07:07 AM   #11
AngieDoogles

Quote:
LOL My husband has no rythym whatsoever. We do not dance well together at all and I always felt embarassed when he danced....he thinks he's good...LOL
Janet, Brendon is the opposite. It's SO funny! He KNOWS he can't dance so he does it as stupidly as possible and then laughs. It's one of the many reasons I love him. He knows his limits and finds comedic value in the things he can't do. Maybe I'll convince him to let me post a video of it sometime...
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
Old 09-28-2007, 07:24 AM   #12
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieDoogles
Janet, Brendon is the opposite. It's SO funny! He KNOWS he can't dance so he does it as stupidly as possible and then laughs. It's one of the many reasons I love him. He knows his limits and finds comedic value in the things he can't do. Maybe I'll convince him to let me post a video of it sometime...
I would love to see a video. My husband would do a video probably, but thinking he was the next Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly. I know, I know, my age is showing!!..LOL
Old 09-28-2007, 07:42 AM   #13
AngieDoogles

Quote:
I would love to see a video. My husband would do a video probably, but thinking he was the next Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly. I know, I know, my age is showing!!..LOL
Maybe we could post videos at the same time! LOL!
Old 09-28-2007, 08:15 AM   #14
Mandy

Quote:

You never fail to crack me up! How i wish you lived next door to me!
Old 09-28-2007, 11:40 AM   #15
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

My husband can't dance worth a lick! He has absolutely no rhythm! He hardly ever dances with me even in the privacy of our home with no one else home. And you'd NEVER get him to dance in front of a camera!!!! NO WAY! But you girls go ahead and post the videos I'd love to see them.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote