4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 11-12-2007, 02:27 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
My Mom

My Mom has been in the hospital over the weekend. Since I've been sick, my sister-in-law went to take my Mom to the ER on Saturday and she collapsed, bleeding from the bowels, there was blood everywhere. It has been an ordeal. They release her from our small county hospital and transferred her to a larger hospital in a nearby city. They still don't know where the blood is coming from and will do a test where she has to swallow a camera. Not sure when she'll be released or what other tests if any will be taken. Sorry if my sentences are short and sketchy, I'm just so tired, with little sleep and not feeling well still.

Will let you know more as I do.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:34 PM   #2
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
My prayers are with you both Janet. I hope both you and Mom are well again very soon.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:37 PM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Dear Janet,

I'm so sorry! Your poor Mom has been through so much. Thank goodness someone else is around to take care of her while you're not feeling well.

She's in my prayers. I hope her tests aren't too bad and that she doesn't have to suffer any.

I also hope you feel better. You had best take care of yourself, because you won't be any use to your Mom if you're sick!

Love, hugs and prayers,

Judy

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #4
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Janet I am sorry to hear what happened to your mother, it is nice that your sis in law took her while you are not feeling good. I hope all turns out well with the test. She is going through a lot and I hope they have answers soon. Take care of yourself , for you will be no good to your mom if you are run down..
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:26 PM   #5
rivermom

Gosh Janet - I am so terribly sorry about your Mom. I feel guilty...Here I've had so many silly thoughts today taking nothing serious and then I read your thread. You are over there dealing with such stess with your Mom. Top that with you not feeling well. I am so sorry I missed your thread until now.

I wish you and your Mom hopes and prayers to get well very soon. Thanks for letting us know. Please do get some rest. If you feel up to it please keep us posted on your Mom. Hugs!!

Last edited by rivermom; 11-12-2007 at 05:29 PM.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 05:31 PM   #6
Marilyn

Oh, ((((((((((Janet))))))))), sooo hope both of you are better very soon. Do you think this has anything to do with her losing blood in the past. Maybe they will find out more about what may be wrong and they can find an effective treatment. Our prayers are with you both.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:25 AM   #7
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Janet, i am so sorry to hear about your mom, i hope they will find out whats causing the problem, and give her the treatment she needs. She is in my prayers.
Hope you both feel better soon. HUGS!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:13 AM   #8
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Janet, you and your Mom are in my prayers. Please keep us posted and if you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:29 AM   #9
rivermom

A new day and just wanting to pass along well wishes for Janet and her Mom.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:40 AM   #10
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

Janet I am so sorry you and your Mom are going through this. Believe me I know all the test to find out what is wrong aren't easy but maybe they can find something that will help her. Hope you both feel better.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:32 PM   #11
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Well, where do I start? Today she lost more blood. They gave her two more units which makes a total of 5 since late Saturday night. They are wanting her to swallow a camera pill, but the bleeding has to stop first. For some reason, I'm finding it hard to write about all this. There is just soooo much detail and things going on, plus the fact that I'm just a little too nervous to write much.

I get on 4WT so ready to write and read and laugh, but I just read and not write...the nerves are enough, but I'm not sleeping as well as I should be and always tired. Waiting for the weekend AGAIN, to maybe sleep a little longer since I'm not sleeping good during the night.....see! look at me babbling.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:38 PM   #12
Marilyn

We're here for you when you're ready to talk. Take care of yourself!!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:03 AM   #13
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Dear Janet,

I just saw this. You poor thing! There's so much stress when we don't know what's going to happen. I'm sending prayers and hugs for you and Mom.

She surely doesn't deserve to suffer!

Love,

Judy

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:05 AM   #14
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Janet, I am so sorry about your mom. That must be awful for you to have to go through. Remember to take care of yourself though and we are here for you whatever you may need!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:26 AM   #15
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

Janet--sending you lots of hughs and prayers