4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > My Pictures & Videos!

Old 11-17-2007, 08:45 PM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
I took advantage lol

I've been asking my dh for months to help me make a padded headboard for our bed. We have a large drafty window right over the bed and it faces the methhead neighbors house, so I never open it and always kept the drapes drawn. I wanted that window GONE. (there are 2 other windows in the room that face a different direction thank goodness.) Finally today I got him to help me, using my birthday as an excuse. LOL

I even got to put up a floral pattern (which he normally wouldn't want) since it was MY special treat. LOL I put foam padding and a couple of layers of batting inside and attached it directly to the wall; so it will be comfy to lean against to read or watch tv.

The next project in there is to get a bunch of white wood shelves up for my vase collection and replace the ugly ceiling light over the foot of the bed with a cute little crystal chandelier I picked up. I have only the one blue wall in there, but wanted it to bring out the blue in the fabric. I have mostly white with other colors from that fabric accented through out the room. So I'm finally getting the comfy cottagey bedroom I've been wanting!

headboard.jpg
Old 11-17-2007, 09:21 PM   #2
katepoet

Cool project, Tink. Can't wait to see the next stage.
katepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:24 AM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I've seen this project done on many of the home decorating shows. Great ideas. You've chosen a beautiful material Tink...you'll always be thinking spring. Good job!!
Old 11-18-2007, 06:28 AM   #4
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

It looks really nice Tink!!Want to work on my apartment next?
Old 11-18-2007, 12:42 PM   #5
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Tink you did a great job looks very pretty.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:24 PM   #6
Tink

Thanks all!

Janet,
I'm an HGTV and TLC junkie. Have been for a couple of years. I will just suddenly get an urge to do something to the house and dh comes home to find all sorts of surprises. I've gotten a lot of fun ideas from those shows. I rarely watch tv but when I do it's usually a decorating show.

I've painted and stenciled dining room chairs, made drapes and curtains for most of the rooms in the house, have wallpapered, painted, and faux painted a lot of rooms and furniture, have made pillows, comforters, wreaths, etc. I love projects and saving money by doing things myself.

Lucky for me, dh is very talented in woodworking, electrical wiring, and plumbing, so is a great compliment to any projects that go beyond my own abilities.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:37 PM   #7
Janet

You sound a lot like me Tink. I like those shows too and learn alot. I can do just about anything if I put my mind to it. I like to do woodworking and what I can't do, hubby can. How come we're not rich Tink? As talented as we are....LOLOLOL I just answered my own question...we're rich in talent...ha ha ha
Old 11-18-2007, 02:52 PM   #8
Tink

Janet, I think the problem is that we're looking to SAVE money rather than MAKE it.
I've had friends and family ask me to do projects for them which I do... but as far as to hire out to do this kind of work, I just never feel I'm qualified.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:11 PM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Tink,

That's just lovely! Decorating is so much fun, especially when you think of ways to
copy expensive things and not spend a lot.

There's just something so special when you make it yourself. You get to use your creativity, and you have tons of it.

I can't wait to see pictures of the bedroom finished.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:18 PM   #10
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Tink, your headboard turned out really nice and the material is very pretty.

I like to do crafty things too but I don't do them as much as I used to. It would help if my husband was good at wood working but he's not. He doesn't even like driving in a nail!!! If my projects could be welded I'd be in great shape!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:51 AM   #11
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Very pretty, i like the fabric.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:40 PM   #12
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Missed your thread, ooooppsss.

This is really pretty. Very creative too!
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 05:00 AM   #13
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Janet, I think the problem is that we're looking to SAVE money rather than MAKE it.
I've had friends and family ask me to do projects for them which I do... but as far as to hire out to do this kind of work, I just never feel I'm qualified.

You're right Tink, I do it also to save money. Make the babies their clothes because I just can't see me spending over $10.00 for an outfit for them. Made some shelves to hang in my family room, really just too many other things to mention. All done to save money. If I had to do it as a job, I don't think I would enjoy it as much.