4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 12-14-2007, 03:13 PM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Can't get out of my rut

Well heck, it looks like everything that I was afraid would fall apart has.

Katie and Josh ran into a snag and aren't moving this weekend as planned.
Joel just found out he's going to be laid off for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Years so now figures he can't afford to move out...

So they're all still here sitting in a lump in my living room.
Last night I had the kitchen all cleaned and now it's a mess again.
I have bags of garbage sitting waiting to be taken out and despite promises that they'd get done, there they sit.
The table's covered with board games and pop cans from the kids sitting there and not bothering to clean up after themselves. There are dishes and glasses sitting around the living room... they just don't care!

I'm just feeling totally defeated. I can ask nicely, plead, yell or threaten and they all just tune me out. I feel like a wicked witch in my own home and I'm totally sick of it.

Bah Humbug.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:04 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Well heck, it looks like everything that I was afraid would fall apart has.

Katie and Josh ran into a snag and aren't moving this weekend as planned.
Joel just found out he's going to be laid off for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Years so now figures he can't afford to move out...

So they're all still here sitting in a lump in my living room.
Last night I had the kitchen all cleaned and now it's a mess again.
I have bags of garbage sitting waiting to be taken out and despite promises that they'd get done, there they sit.
The table's covered with board games and pop cans from the kids sitting there and not bothering to clean up after themselves. There are dishes and glasses sitting around the living room... they just don't care!

I'm just feeling totally defeated. I can ask nicely, plead, yell or threaten and they all just tune me out. I feel like a wicked witch in my own home and I'm totally sick of it.

Bah Humbug.
Tink, just unplug everything they want to use and tell them in no uncertain terms to get off their lazy a$$es and get busy. Man, I wish I was closer. I don't think it's right for them to treat you that way. Throw all the trash in their beds!!! Then tell them they are lucky I'm not the lady in charge...LOL
Old 12-14-2007, 06:52 PM   #3
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Oh no Tink!!! This stinks! Is there anything, something really great you can do for yourself to cheer you up? (besides through their butts out? LOL) Maybe go take a weekend away w/ a girlfriend or something?

You need something great to happen. Somethings gotta give or you're just gonna go nuts girl!!
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:58 PM   #4
Gina

Yes Tink , I agree with Sheryl you need a ME DAY!! just go out and get some pampering.. manicure..pedicure whatever makes you feel good.. I am sorry this is happening to you. Take a deep breath....
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 05:02 AM   #5
Janet

I guess I didn't give the right advice....LOLOL I get so protective of my friends and want immediate action..guess I just need to calm down...maybe go to a spa myself...lol
Old 12-15-2007, 05:49 AM   #6
rivermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Tink, just unplug everything they want to use and tell them in no uncertain terms to get off their lazy a$$es and get busy. Man, I wish I was closer. I don't think it's right for them to treat you that way. Throw all the trash in their beds!!! Then tell them they are lucky I'm not the lady in charge...LOL
I think your advise is superb Janet. Tink, you are a Mom and a Wife in YOUR home. You deserve better respect then what you are getting at home. Maybe it's time to come up w/ a game plan or something.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:21 AM   #7
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

It sounds like Katie is still moving out, just not as quickly as first thought and Josh needs some extra money. I say be patient because Katie is moving soon and about Josh, could you give him enough money to pay for his first month's rent. Would that help him out? I know that rent in small towns is pretty cheap but you've also been buying Christmas gifts. If that idea won't work for you then I agree with the other girls that you need some time off! Go to someone's house for a day or so and relax and have fun! Or go to a spa!! Get your mind off of your situation! Also, I would put an end to all of the mess! They don't need to treat your home that a way.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 03:04 PM   #8
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB
It sounds like Katie is still moving out, just not as quickly as first thought and Josh needs some extra money. I say be patient because Katie is moving soon and about Josh, could you give him enough money to pay for his first month's rent. Would that help him out? I know that rent in small towns is pretty cheap but you've also been buying Christmas gifts. If that idea won't work for you then I agree with the other girls that you need some time off! Go to someone's house for a day or so and relax and have fun! Or go to a spa!! Get your mind off of your situation! Also, I would put an end to all of the mess! They don't need to treat your home that a way.

Good ideas Diana! Poor Tink....I would be like a crazy woman by now. Bless you for your patience. I wouldn't want to be them when it runs out, that's for sure!

Think spa day, or dinner out with dh.

Big hug,

Judy

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:27 PM   #9
Tink

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Thanks ladies, I'm sorry I keep harping on the same thing over and over. It's just so disheartening when you think you see an end in sight and suddenly you're right back where you started.

I was told tonight that Katie and Josh will be moving this next week, but I'm not holding my breath. Don't wanna turn blue...

I ended up taking Katie shopping today since she didn't have a winter coat and was badly in need of pants. So we hit the sales and I ended up letting her pick out her own Christmas gifts rather than giving her cash like I'd intended to. At least she got things that she likes and will use!
Old 12-16-2007, 05:41 AM   #10
rivermom

Tink - please don't worry about harping on the same thing over and over. That's what we do sometimes. It's ok. Not everything is an easy fix, it takes time. What this shows is that you have dedication and pushing forward to fix it and not giving up. Good for you!

It's just like what Diana has written on her signature..... ""Everything is okay in the end, if it's not ok, then it's not the end." I probably read this everyday and find it to be so true!!! I really take it to heart.

That was nice that you took Katie out to shop for some needed items. That to me has so much more meaning then handing over cash. You are a special angel for doing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2007, 09:27 AM   #11
Janet

Tink don't you ever worry about 'harping' on anything. We all need to vent and when you have your hopes up about something and then they get squashed over and over we need to vent. So you do whatever you need to do and know we are here for you.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:06 PM   #12
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

We are all special friends together and we care for you and what you're going through. It's never "harping", it's sharing what's going on in your life with us! You know that we love you and only want what's best for you!!! Things will work out, Tink, but you know, sometimes it's just not soon enough for us! I know that you've already been patient but just give it a little bit more time.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:50 AM   #13
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet

I agree with janet.

Tink, im sorry this is going on, and no way are you harpering over this, its what we do when something bothers us, we come here to talk about it to people we know will understand, and wont judge.

The very least they could do is help you out around the house a little, gosh they need to appreciate the fact they all have a roof over their heads, and a plate of food to eat.

Take some deep breaths, and maybe a few days away with your hubby, or a nice day at the spa. Go have some "my time" with a friend.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:40 AM   #14
rivermom

And when you walk around the house and see little messes and get totally pissed off.....Just start singing "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells". It's really hard to sing that song in a mad voice, hahahahahaa.

Whatever works right?
Old 12-17-2007, 04:51 AM   #15
Marilyn

You've had some really good advise and support here!! I vote for a weekend away.....and like the Jingle Bells idea. They might even speed up the moving day if you sing it enought.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote