4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 12-15-2007, 04:46 PM   #1
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Got home yesterday

I was up at my daughter's since Tuesday. I had a great time, but I am tired!
(I worked this morning to be fair).

They're really pressuring me into living really close to them. I have to let this decision kind of percolate. I really don't like the cold and I love summer, otherwise, it's just beautiful country. They have a pretty short summer and lots of snow.

On the other hand, after 3 years of not having them in my life, a compromise may be necessary.

The children are so precious. I called last night and my little one, Kassidy was crying because I went home. She wouldn't get on the phone because she didn't want to talk to me, she wanted to "feel" me. My 6 year old grandson, Brandon, told her that "it's not the end of the world. Grandma Judy will be back." His friend told him it was the end of the world, but he doesn't even believe in Santa, so what does he know?

Can't I have it all!?!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 05:05 PM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Oh, Judy, it sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family! Your grandchildren are very happy to have you in their lives. How wonderful!!!!

It sounds like you have a lot of thinking to do on where you want to live. Living near them doesn't sound like what you had in mind for yourself. Just take your time deciding and discuss it over with your family. You'll figure it out!! Good luck!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 05:31 PM   #3
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Hey Judy, welcome back. I missed seeing you on here. I am glad that you had fun at your daughters. It is a lot to absord in such a short time. Like Diana mentioned take your time in deciding and the right choice will come to you.

In the meantime you enjoy those grandkids, whether you see them every weekend or speak everyday on the phone. You are there for them and of course your daughter...
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:13 PM   #4
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Judy, I'm so glad you had such a great time.

Wow, you DO have some choices to make!

You're so wise to give it time and really think it out. I kinda think it's easier NOT to live TOO close. That way you truly look forward to seeing each other rather than ever taking it for granted. So there's my 2 cents worth for what it's worth. LOL
Old 12-16-2007, 05:53 AM   #5
rivermom

Welcome home Judy.

I've been so used to having our entire family living far apart from one another I don't know anything else. I admit, I wish at times we were all lived close. There's gotta be a happy medium in there somewhere.

My parents recently moved real close last year. In the winter they "snow bird" to Arizona so are gone for 6 months. That seems to be working out real nice, LOL. They are just here long enough that once we all seem to be getting on each other's nerves it's time for them to leave. Then when they do return we are all thrilled to be together again. If I can get the rest of my family to do the same it would be a perfect situation. However, there's never perfection.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:24 AM   #6
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I wondered where you've been Judy!! Glad you're back. Does sound like you've got a decision to ponder doesn't it? Just take your time, so it will be a decision you will be happy with.

You know, I'm such a dummy...I thought NY was full of snow all the time in the winter, I didn't know it was just certain areas. Here on the news we always see how much snow gets piled up there and in Maine so that's why I thought that I guess.

I'm 52 and if I ever move (and I hope to) I want to go where there isn't much snow at all. I can't see me staying here in my 70's or 80's trying to dig my way out and get to town.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:50 AM   #7
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

In our 70's and 80's, Tahiti sounds good Janet!

I will work it out, but don't want to bring trouble into my life. I certainly won't lose her again. The thing is, I'm not used to compromising anymore - and this is a huge
compromise.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:37 AM   #8
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Tahiti...I don't know...I was thinking more like Arizona, Texas you know...
Old 12-16-2007, 11:41 AM   #9
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Tahiti sounds really good to me!!! Just some place tropical!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:33 AM   #10
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Welcome home Judy!! Glad you had a great time
Big decisions, and changes coming up for you, but i know you are going to make the right one, and good for you for not rushing into anything. Take your time, when you have decided, it will be the right choice!
Old 12-17-2007, 10:42 AM   #11
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thanks guys - it is too big a decision to make. I think I'll wait it out. Sometimes, these things have a nice way of working themselves out.

I'm just anxious because my daughter and I just made up, and I don't know yet what she has evolved into. It's been 3 years. She does like to get her way! Anxious or not, I'm going to wait it out.

Thank goodness you're all here for support!

Old 12-17-2007, 12:39 PM   #12
rivermom

Did I hear someone mention Tahiti? I wanna go! **whine**
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:27 PM   #13
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivermom
Did I hear someone mention Tahiti? I wanna go! **whine**
Me too! Me too!

Judy, I'm sure whatever decision you make, you will be happy and your daughter will understand. I know it has to be tough though. *hugs*
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote