4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > The Positive Forum!

Old 12-31-2007, 12:33 PM   #1
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Past and Future

What are your favorite memories from 2007? Also, what are you most looking forward to in '08?
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:53 PM   #2
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Good questions!

Retiring early and My litter of a dozen doodles have probably been the most fun things for me personally.

2008 is preparing to be a year of major changes. Joel will be getting married, Katie will be having her baby, I'll finally have my empty nest and be able to put the focus on my marriage rather than the kids.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:18 PM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I honestly don't know what my favorite memory would be. Nothing really stands out except like what Tink said...having a litter of pups around sure can make one smile..until all that poop and pee needs cleaned up..lol

What I look forward to most in 2008 is trying to be a better person and servant to God. I think once I get even closer, the rest will take care of itself.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:38 PM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I don't think that I'd call this a favorite memory but the flood that we had is going to be remembered for a long, long time. The pictures that we have still come out whenever we have company.

I think that some of my favorite memories of this year would be the 4-wheeling trip in Colorado that we took and the Thanksgiving sleepover with the grandkids.

What am I looking forward to in 2008?.......I think that like Janet it would have to be drawing closer to God and letting Him use me for His service. I know that this year my husband and I have stepped out in areas to help other people that we were totally trusting Him to guide us in. It's been really hard because we have been stepping out of our comfort zone to help these people but we're sure that it's been where God has wanted us to be.

I'm hoping that some personal issues get worked out this next year. Getting older seems to have it's own problems that come with it and I'm hoping that some things get better.

Losing weight and exercising need to be a big priority this year.

I'm really looking forward to keeping in touch with all of you and becoming even closer friends with each of you!!! I really enjoy the friendships that I have on here!!

I hope that everyone has a Happy New Year!!!!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:29 PM   #5
goofywife
Donating 4WT Yakker

Hmmm best of 2007.... My new Grandson will have to top the list, seeing my Granddaughters face when we entered Walt Disney, settling our lawsuit against the developers and city on the retaining wall. Watching my DH who is 5 years younger than me finally get what I mean when I say "I'm getting old"

for 2008, I want to do more web designing, rely less on full time jobs income to pay my bills (I think that will help me worry less). I want to learn to build my own shopping cart, and of course some how convince my DD and SIL to move to OK so I can spend more time with my grandchildren.

OK Yorkie Rescue-Another Chance at Love
goofywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:05 AM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Good thread Angie!

My favorite memory of 2007 is when the phone rang and I heard my daughter's voice
on the other end telling me she wanted to reconcile My other favorite is seeing them all, talking to her almost every day, sharing holidays with them and hearing them say " I love you."

My wishes for 2008 are to find the perfect place to live, to find a wonderful man, and to continue enjoying my life.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #7
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Reading all your posts was really great ladies.
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:47 PM   #8
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I got to thinking and I mean nothing really exciting happened as far as memories, but I guess they don't have to be exciting. I think a favorite memory for me in 2007 is when the Dr. finally listened to me and then found what was causing my mother to lose blood. She hasn't lost any since.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:29 PM   #9
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Hmm I can't say I have a favorite memory from 2007... honestly it was a pretty rocky year for me with relationships, friendships, and family stuff. Oh I got one! Buying my Ninja and learning to ride! Enjoying all the double-takes from people in cars who realize that's not a guy on that crotch rocket
For 2008 I'm looking forward to TRAVEL! Of course! What else would I say? Possibly meeting Judy when I go to NYC in November would be awesome... if she's willing to meet some crazy canucks of course

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:52 PM   #10
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

I had so much fun reading about your favorite memories and what you are looking forward to in the coming year. You all had great things to say!

I have lots of favorite memories from 2007. Okay, here are a few in random order. The time Brendon took me to the camp where we got married and we rode the speeder back through the gorge. http://www.4womentalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2900

Bringing Madeline home. http://www.4womentalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3226

Giving Mom a digital camcorder for Mother's Day. The look on her face was priceless and unforgettable!

My trip to Mexico. (My first time out of the country!) http://www.4womentalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2758

In 2008, I'm looking forward having less pain (hopefully). Seeing Mom finish her chemo. Going to Mexico again (depending on how Mom is doing this summer). My photojournalism class and my Social Work practice courses. The 2nd Chronicles of Narnia movie! My fourth wedding anniversary. There are probably other things as well, but that's all I can think of at the moment.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:29 PM   #11
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey
Hmm I can't say I have a favorite memory from 2007... honestly it was a pretty rocky year for me with relationships, friendships, and family stuff. Oh I got one! Buying my Ninja and learning to ride! Enjoying all the double-takes from people in cars who realize that's not a guy on that crotch rocket
For 2008 I'm looking forward to TRAVEL! Of course! What else would I say? Possibly meeting Judy when I go to NYC in November would be awesome... if she's willing to meet some crazy canucks of course

You bet I'm willing!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:46 AM   #12
HALEY

favorite memory 2007 - this one is easy, the birth of my son...

2008 plans
finish remolding our house
going to church more
spending as much time as i can with my son.
Family vacation in May 2008, off to Florida
Old 01-15-2008, 07:59 PM   #13
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Catching this thread a little late, but here goes.

Highlights of 2007:

Family vacation to Europe. Amazing experience.
Becoming empty nesters. Strange and wonderful experience.
Our youngest daughter becoming engaged to a very wonderful Christian man.

Looking forward to in 2008:

Melissa's wedding in June.
Visiting an uncle in West Texas I haven't seen in years, and maybe an aunt in California as well.
Maybe getting to finally use the spa day that my family gave me for Mother's day in 2007.
Also, reading the Bible from beginning to end. Maybe the NT more than once.
Having successful Bible studies with a dear friend.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote