4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Weight Loss Support

Old 01-04-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Thumbs up I Did It!!!!

I went to the WW meeting last night and loved it!!! SO I JOINED!!! I'm so excited. I can't remember for sure the last time I attended a WW meeting. Can't remember if Ricky was born yet or not so it's been at least 15-18 years.

Anyway..it was so much fun and so much nicer than it was a long time ago. Everyone was so friendly and encouraging. I knew 3 or 4 people and then recognized a few others.

I went grocery shopping this afternoon to make sure I had healthy food in the house and I am so ready to begin. I'm already looking forward to next weeks meeting. When I went many years ago..they didn't do anything but weigh in and that was pretty much it. This time they talk, encourage, testimonials, give helpful hints and all within 30 minutes. Weigh in starts at 6:30 and the meeting runs from 7 till 7:30.

I really do have a renewed energy. I won't have to go without my favorite foods as long as I don't go over my points and follow their Good Health Guidelines. I've decided I'm not going to weigh myself here at home. I did weigh myself before I went to the meeting and at the meeting I weighed 6 lbs more at the meeting, so I will just go by their scales.

I got all these goodies to help me stay on track and I get to use the online e-tools. Anyway...I just wanted to share my excitement...I'm soooo ready.

Oh I almost forgot...mistyinca has a thread started on YT about WW too.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:40 PM   #2
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Congrats and good luck Janet! I'm so happy for you. I think I'm going to start a new diet as well, but it's specifically for helping to control the pain caused by endometriosis. I have to really cut down on meat, dairy, and refined carbs which will be tough, but if it helps with the pain, I'm all for it! Anyway, I'm cheering you on!

(On a side note, I think the WW thread on YT is in a "secret" place in case anyone is looking for it.)
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:42 PM   #3
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Way to go, Janet!!!! I soooo need to get back to WW. I've gained so much since the summer. I think I'll just start off by using the WW principles since I was going there for several weeks last year and see if I can do it without the meetings and weigh-in's. If not, I'll be joining again, too. Hoping it will be sooo successful for you, but I'm sure it will be. There were lots of folks at our meetings who had lost a lot of weight on the program.

Angie, wishing you much success with controlling your pain through diet. Hopefully it will work well for you!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:05 AM   #4
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

That's great Janet. I didn't go to meetings but I followed the weight watchers diet for a long time. I like it better than any I have ever tried. I probably am gaining quite a bit on the steroids since I stay hungry all the time. I am not going to worry about it till I get through all this. I am really glad you are so happy with this and I know you can do this.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:23 AM   #5
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieDoogles
Congrats and good luck Janet! I'm so happy for you. I think I'm going to start a new diet as well, but it's specifically for helping to control the pain caused by endometriosis. I have to really cut down on meat, dairy, and refined carbs which will be tough, but if it helps with the pain, I'm all for it! Anyway, I'm cheering you on!

(On a side note, I think the WW thread on YT is in a "secret" place in case anyone is looking for it.)
Oh my Angie, you're right...I didn't even notice. I hope I don't get in trouble...what a boob I am.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:27 AM   #6
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn
Way to go, Janet!!!! I soooo need to get back to WW. I've gained so much since the summer. I think I'll just start off by using the WW principles since I was going there for several weeks last year and see if I can do it without the meetings and weigh-in's. If not, I'll be joining again, too. Hoping it will be sooo successful for you, but I'm sure it will be. There were lots of folks at our meetings who had lost a lot of weight on the program.

Angie, wishing you much success with controlling your pain through diet. Hopefully it will work well for you!!!

Thanks Marilyn. I could not believe how many people were there last night. I was shocked. There were about 10 new people, but there were sooo many regulars. A lot of them didnt' stay, they just weighed in and left, but there were still probably 34-40 people there. It was great. If it would have been like this the first time I joined many years ago, I might have been able to keep my weight under control. But that's water under the bridge and now I'm starting over and so far really enjoying it.

I just happened to see one of the regular members at the grocery store yesterday and she was so nice with tips. I think I've made another good friend.

Thanks Debbie, I am going to try by very best...I have to do this, my health, my life depends on it ...I truly believe this.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:14 AM   #7
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Oh my Angie, you're right...I didn't even notice. I hope I don't get in trouble...what a boob I am.
You are not a boob! (I laughed so hard when I read that for some reason...lol.) And I doubt you'd get in trouble. I just didn't want anyone to go there looking for it and not be able to find it. There are lots of WW threads here too I believe.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #8
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Way to go Janet!
Just deciding to start is a major step. I have a really good feeling about you with this. I can just FEEL how badly you want to make it work. I have faith that you will.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #9
Janet

I sure hope so Tink. I really believe my health is in danger. I already have high blood pressure, I go back to the Dr. this month to have blood drawn to check the thyroid and see if the meds need adjusted, my knees hurt so bad when I get up from sitting...I've just got to get this weight off. I know going to the meetings will really help.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

CONGRATULATIONS JANET!!!

I was going to post "Have you gone yet Janet?" as soon as I caught up with the new posts I've missed. I'm really happy for you. It sounds like you had a good time there. I just know it's going to work for you!

I went to my WW, but they were closed. I'll go back this week and begin. (I was so glad they were closed because I've been totally pigging out before I start)

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:34 PM   #11
mistyinca

Hey Janet!

So are you liking the program, now that you've been on for a few days? I'm just so excited to be back on it. I always feel so in control of myself when I'm dieting.
mistyinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #12
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Seeeeeee Janet going to the meetings is so encouraging better than doing it online. Unless of course you don't have a choice.. They will motivate you and its fun listening to others speak. You will DO IT!!! I feel it!! Just remember your doing it for your health. You will love the results I promise..

I myself want to start again, but I figure in a few weeks I will start the dental procedures and I will be eating lots of soft foods..lol no need to diet , it will come off. One positive thing that will come from the extractions and implants...lol

Good luck and keep us posted with your accomplishments ... oxox
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:22 PM   #13
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy
CONGRATULATIONS JANET!!!

I was going to post "Have you gone yet Janet?" as soon as I caught up with the new posts I've missed. I'm really happy for you. It sounds like you had a good time there. I just know it's going to work for you!

I went to my WW, but they were closed. I'll go back this week and begin. (I was so glad they were closed because I've been totally pigging out before I start)

I was wanting to go to WW last year, but there wasn't one in our town. Said there was enough interest. I couldn't believe that when I went last Thursday (the 3rd) because there were soooo many people, men and women. I don't think they'll have to leave town again for a very long time if this many stay interested.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:29 PM   #14
Janet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyinca
Hey Janet!

So are you liking the program, now that you've been on for a few days? I'm just so excited to be back on it. I always feel so in control of myself when I'm dieting.

So far Misty, I'm really liking it. Tonight I made something so simple. They have these bags of brown rice that you just heat in the pouch in the microwave. There are two servings in each pouch. Then I microwaved some frozen mixed veggies. It was really good too and only 5 points total. I got full from just the one serving.

I don't like cooking very well, so I'm really going to have to start I think. I also have trouble some days getting all 29 points. I may have one left and then have to go eat something to get it all. I was told not to go below the 29 points so I make sure I don't.

For lunch, I love to have a wheat pita pocket with turkey and cheese. So filling and only 4 points. I'm in this for the long haul. I need to get on the WW site and print out some easy recipes.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:50 PM   #15
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Janet, I'm so glad that you had a really good time at your meeting. It sounds like you are really inspired to do this. It sounds like there's lots of people in your group to encourage you and give you lots of hints and ideas on how to stay on the diet. It sounds like it would be fun to do as a large group. I'm cheering you on from here as well too!!!! Go Janet!!!!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote