4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Old 04-01-2008, 05:58 PM   #1
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

I want to give up!!!

No, I won't really give up, but I've been searching for HOURS for a journal article to use for a family intervention method. I'm just trying to find a specific intervention for a married couple having issues with communication and trust. All of the articles are much more specific and complicated so I can't find what will work for my paper! *AHHH* Okay, that felt better.

You'd think it would be easy but apparently no one writes about the basic stuff. No matter what kind of search terms I use, or which databases I use, I still get stuff like "The effect of therapist-client racial similarity on client satisfaction and therapist evaluation of treatment" or "Evaluation of a structured psychoeducational intervention with couples: the dyadic relationships test (DRT)." That is NOT at all helpful. I'm becoming quite frustrated.

On the bright side, I did find one intervention called Relationship Enhancement Couples Group Therapy. If only I could find another I could be done with my paper in as little as half an hour...
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT

Last edited by AngieDoogles; 04-01-2008 at 06:02 PM.
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
Dobie

Best of luck with your paper - I remember from when I was in grad school how frustrating research can be.
Dobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:27 PM   #3
AngieDoogles

Maybe this one will help...

Male cross-dressers in therapy: a solution-focused perspective for marriage and family therapists

Where do they come up with stuff?
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
Old 04-01-2008, 07:04 PM   #4
katcarasella
KAT'S KRAZY KORNER
Donating Member

Send a message via Yahoo to katcarasella
Angie,
You little stinker you scared me half to death, I'm glad you're ok. Want me to do any google research for you? I work cheap you can pay me back with :huh:
Love Ya Princess

Kat
katcarasella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:07 PM   #5
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

I'm so sorry, but I know nothing about what you are talking about. Need information on a valve, I'm your girl!!

Wishing you much success in your search!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #6
AngieDoogles

Thanks guys. If I could only find the right article I'd be done in no time. That's what's so frustrating.

Thanks for letting me take a break and vent. What would I do without you!?!
Old 04-01-2008, 07:48 PM   #7
protodog

Good luck finding the article you need. I remember having similiar frustrations while writing papers--such a pain. The information has got to be out there somewhere; almost everything on the planet has been written about by now.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:56 PM   #8
goofywife
Donating 4WT Yakker

I am not sure if this is the kind of articles you are looking for. But I love Gary Smalley.

http://www.smalleyonline.com/articles/marriage.html
http://www.smalleyonline.com/articles/m_commitment.html

OK Yorkie Rescue-Another Chance at Love
goofywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:04 AM   #9
NicoleMarcelle

aw, i missed this last nite, but i hope you found what you were looking for
NicoleMarcelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:29 AM   #10
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofywife
I am not sure if this is the kind of articles you are looking for. But I love Gary Smalley.

http://www.smalleyonline.com/articles/marriage.html
http://www.smalleyonline.com/articles/m_commitment.html
Thanks so much for the articles Michelle. For my paper they have to be from professional journals, but I will definitely read a few of those anyway.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:29 AM   #11
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleMarcelle
aw, i missed this last nite, but i hope you found what you were looking for
Still looking...
Old 04-02-2008, 06:31 AM   #12
NicoleMarcelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieDoogles
Still looking...
good luck, wish i could help but you probably have access to the same databases that i do...
Old 04-02-2008, 06:35 AM   #13
AngieDoogles

Quote:
good luck, wish i could help but you probably have access to the same databases that i do...
Probably. They are through my school website. I got fed up and started using Google Scholar at one point and even that was fruitless. Guess I'll be spending another night scouring articles... what fun!
Old 04-02-2008, 06:38 AM   #14
NicoleMarcelle

research drives me nuts... which is guess is a terrible thing, since i have a legal research class this semester... =/ well here are more hugs for you... and some encouragement:
Go Angie Go!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 06:44 AM   #15
AngieDoogles

Quote:
research drives me nuts... which is guess is a terrible thing, since i have a legal research class this semester... =/ well here are more hugs for you... and some encouragement:
Go Angie Go!!!
I have a social work research class next semester--my LAST required class before field. The rest of my class load should be pretty fun and easy though. I'm taking advanced photojournalism and a few other Mass Comm courses. If I ever want to get a second degree it'll take only two semesters because all of my electives have been in Mass Comm/Journalism. I did that since the burnout rate is so high with social workers. It's nice to have something to fall back on if I need to.

How is your legal research class going for you? How long do you have till graduation? By the way, you're in grad school, right? What kind of lawyer do you want to be? I'm just full of questions! LOL