4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Polls

View Poll Results: Which Cell Phone Behavior Do You Find Rude?
Talking Very Loud 4 30.77%
Answering in Public Places 1 7.69%
Annoying Loud Ring Tones 3 23.08%
Saying Can You Hear Me 0 0%
Other 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2008, 09:48 PM   #1
katcarasella
KAT'S KRAZY KORNER
Donating Member

Send a message via Yahoo to katcarasella
Cell Phone Behavior

People seem glued to their cell phones.

Which cell phone behavior do you find more rude?

1. Talking very loud.

2. Answering in Restaurant.

3. Annoying ring tones.

4. Saying can you hear me.

5. Other.

Kat
katcarasella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:53 AM   #2
goofywife
Donating 4WT Yakker

I find that when people do that at a convention, I learn a lot about what is going with a competitor. I think its wrong at the movies.

OK Yorkie Rescue-Another Chance at Love
goofywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:19 AM   #3
Dobie

I don't mind people talking on their cellphone around me - what I CAN"T STAND is when they have a push to talk conversation. I hate the little beep noise after someone says something, and they seem to speak at a very high volume. It's almost as though they think their conversation is soooo important everyone needs to hear it.
Dobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:51 AM   #4
katcarasella
KAT'S KRAZY KORNER
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofywife
I find that when people do that at a convention, I learn a lot about what is going with a competitor. I think its wrong at the movies.
Hi Michelle,
I couldn't sleep last nite so I was experimenting with polls, I thought I had put, Restaurants, Movies, and other Public places in # 2, but it was late and I wasn't even sure this would work.
Now that I know how to do it I'll have to search for some fun polls.
Have a nice day and give that little cutie an extra hug for me.

Kat
Old 04-06-2008, 06:46 AM   #5
pearl

how 'bout all of the above!

"we don't inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."

"Life may not always be the party we hoped for, but while we're here, we might as well dance."
pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:43 PM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I said "Other" because my husband thinks that he HAS to answer every call! It doesn't matter if you're in the middle of a very important conversation he's going to answer the phone!! He doesn't do that to everyone, just me! I hate cell phones!!!! They're rude and invasive!!!

I got to tell you what I did last night. My cell phone started ringing and I didn't realize it until it was too late to answer. Jaci was serving at the prom and suppose to do some things afterward with her friends so when I didn't recognize the number I thought that it was one of her friend's numbers and I called it back. In doing so I bumped the speaker phone button and so when the man answered I could barely hear him (the volume must have been turned down too). I asked him to wait a second while I figured out what was going on. I thought that I had it fixed and I said "Can I hear you now?" My husband and daughter, Dae Lynn, started laughing so hard at me they just about fell out of their chairs!!! I was really talking more to myself than to the man but, oh well, it gave my family something to laugh at! I think that it was a blonde moment!!! Does grayish-white count as blonde? Let me repeat.....I hate cell phones!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 12:45 PM   #7
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Living in NYC, I have a serious problem (obsession) with 7/8ths of the population walking around with a bluetooth or a phone stuck to their ears. Get over yourselves people! Nobody is that important that they can't be reached at times.

LIVID pretty much describes my reaction to people talking on their cell phones in any enclosed place, like a bus, restaurant, a doctor's waiting room, etc. I wish they had gone and invented a cell phone scrambler - a remote which I could calmly and quietly just cut off their phones.

I feel like my space is being invaded by these people, who talk about the most intimate things, curse, discuss their love lives, or what they're making for dinner!

AAAAAHHHHHH! I HATE THEM.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:12 PM   #8
katcarasella
KAT'S KRAZY KORNER
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB
I said "Other" because my husband thinks that he HAS to answer every call! It doesn't matter if you're in the middle of a very important conversation he's going to answer the phone!! He doesn't do that to everyone, just me! I hate cell phones!!!! They're rude and invasive!!!

I got to tell you what I did last night. My cell phone started ringing and I didn't realize it until it was too late to answer. Jaci was serving at the prom and suppose to do some things afterward with her friends so when I didn't recognize the number I thought that it was one of her friend's numbers and I called it back. In doing so I bumped the speaker phone button and so when the man answered I could barely hear him (the volume must have been turned down too). I asked him to wait a second while I figured out what was going on. I thought that I had it fixed and I said "Can I hear you now?" My husband and daughter, Dae Lynn, started laughing so hard at me they just about fell out of their chairs!!! I was really talking more to myself than to the man but, oh well, it gave my family something to laugh at! I think that it was a blonde moment!!! Does grayish-white count as blonde? Let me repeat.....I hate cell phones!!!!
Can you hear me now Diana? I'm gonna wet my pants. lol
You guys are killing me here.

Kat
Old 04-07-2008, 08:01 AM   #9
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
HEY DIANA....CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW??????

I personally love my cell phone, but I don't like them used in public or in public buildings. Nothing burns my buns more than waiting in a checkout line listening to some dumb conversation.

Now Judy, Judy, Judy.....I have a bluetooth and yes...I'm THAT darn important... , but I only use it when I'm in the car (so I can have both hands on the wheel) if my son would happen to need me.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:23 AM   #10
HALEY

I would have to say other,
Being a motorcycle rider, and not being seen now as it is, it's twice as bad when you have people talking on the phone/texting while operating a motorized vehicle.
I can't wait till they outlaw cell phones while operating a vehile in PA...
Plus they don't pay attention to stop signs, speed limits, children playing, etc.

I got ran off the road last year while a girl was talking on her cell phone and blew thru a stop sign she almost killed us !!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:34 AM   #11
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet

I personally love my cell phone, but I don't like them used in public or in public buildings. Nothing burns my buns more than waiting in a checkout line listening to some dumb conversation.

Now Judy, Judy, Judy.....I have a bluetooth and yes...I'm THAT darn important... , but I only use it when I'm in the car (so I can have both hands on the wheel) if my son would happen to need me.

Now Janet - don't get your panties in an uproar! Of course, all of us
ARE that important! I'll probably get a bluetooth soon. I totally don't need it.
I almost never answer my cellphone, and use it to make calls very rarely. But, I'll still grab one off of eBay one of these days.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:36 AM   #12
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALEY
I would have to say other,
Being a motorcycle rider, and not being seen now as it is, it's twice as bad when you have people talking on the phone/texting while operating a motorized vehicle.
I can't wait till they outlaw cell phones while operating a vehile in PA...
Plus they don't pay attention to stop signs, speed limits, children playing, etc.

I got ran off the road last year while a girl was talking on her cell phone and blew thru a stop sign she almost killed us !!!!

Ooooh! That's scary. Cellphone use while driving is still legal in PA? I'm surprised.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:43 AM   #13
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Panties???? LOLOLOL...uproar????.....ROFLMBO!!!!!!

Wonder if they bite...ouch!!!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:50 AM   #14
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy
Ooooh! That's scary. Cellphone use while driving is still legal in PA? I'm surprised.
yep still legal in Pa, i can'wait til they pass that law, now we have people texting each other !! I had a kid a couple months ago come into my lane while i was taking Micah to the doctors texting someone, boy did i bitch him out, Thank God Micah didn't understand what Mommy was saying cause i let that kid have it....
Old 04-07-2008, 04:39 PM   #15
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katcarasella
Can you hear me now Diana? I'm gonna wet my pants. lol
You guys are killing me here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
I'm so glad that I could make your day!!! My husband is still giving me a hard time about it too!! I think that he's told everyone he's ran into about it!!! And you've got it wrong!!! It was "Can I hear you now?" which is actually worse when you say it to another person. But I was really talking to myself. Is that clear as mud now?

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote