4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 04-24-2008, 08:04 PM   #1
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Dermatologist Visit

Today I visited the dermatologist. With my fair skin, I'm supposed to go once a year, but had not been in 3 years. Last time he zapped several pre-cancerous places on my face and removed a cancer from the back of my right hand, so since it had been so long, I figured I was in for quite a session. As it turned out, he did a biopsy of one spot on my body, not face and zapped another. The biopsy is merely to find out what the spot exactly is. He does not think there is a chance it's cancer, but other doctors have asked me about it, so he thought it best to make sure.

The thing that amazed me was that my face did not have any spots at all on it this time. He told me I was doing something right, must be doing better with the sunscreen or something. I have been doing better, but the thing that I told him about was the IQ Derma I've been using for the past few months. It's a two part system, an acid serum and a moisturizing sunscreen. He said whatever it is it's working because my skin looked really good.

This was an experiment I decided to try. IQ Derma is one of those products advertized on news websites like CNN.com. The flash picture shows a section of very wrinkled face that miraculously transforms to a young face if you use their product. I decided why not. Hey, I'm worth it, right, and there was a 30 day free trial. I don't normally fall for stuff like that, so it was a bit out of character. I did like that it made my face smoother. Don't know that I look any younger, but liked how my skin feels. He said it must be working. I was shocked. I though this was a gimick that I'd gullably fallen for. I joked with people that I decided to try the stuff, and they asked me if I'd ordered the foot pads yet that detoxify your entire body. Nope, not yet, but you never know......

Just had to share my good news. I've had two malignant skin cancers before, so this was really good news!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:23 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
That's great Marilyn. It's always good to know that what we are doing, no matter what it is, makes a difference.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:13 AM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

That's great, Marilyn!!! I'm so glad that you found a product that has worked for you. Why don't you post a link for it. I'd be interested in reading about it and I'm sure the others would too.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thank goodness you had a good visit. I always say "Thank you, God" when I get a negative dermatology report, pap smear or mammogram!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:03 PM   #5
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Great news Marilyn.. It's wonderful to get good news... Like Diana mentioned post the product.. thanks
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:07 PM   #6
Janet

Tell us more about this product Marilyn. How long have you been using it?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:49 PM   #7
katcarasella
KAT'S KRAZY KORNER
Donating Member

Send a message via Yahoo to katcarasella
Exclamation Marilyn's Secret

Marilyn, I got tired of waiting for you to share your beauty secret with us so I did some research, is this it?

http://www.iqderma.com/index.cfm?act....story_history

I'm gonna get some before I turn into this:

th_wrinkles.jpg

Kat
katcarasella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:59 AM   #8
Marilyn

Sorry I didn't get back to answer your request for information on the products I'm using. We just had a very busy weekend. Friday evening and Saturday in San Antonio with our oldest daughter. Church with her yesterday then on to South Austin to drop the dogs off at Garrett's apartment so we could all go to a family wedding shower for Melissa and Garrett at the church where they attend. When we got there we learned that two congregations had been invited to the shower. They got soooo many nice gifts. What a way to start out!!! We got back at 10:30 last night. I checked in for a minute or two here and there over the weekend, but we were very busy!! Karen took us to the Japanese Tea Garden in San Antonio. I remember visiting there as a child it was beautiful, and then it was shutdown and abandoned for about 40 years. They are reviving it and trying to get it restored to it's former beauty. It's a sunken botanical garden with a Japanese theme. I'll have to post pics from our weekend, but need to get ready for work now.

Kat, thank you for looking up the products for everyone. I'm using the iQ Age-Defying Face Therapy found at the bottom of this page: http://www.iqderma.com/index.cfm?act...category_id=18 It's a bit expensive, but it lasts for two months. I only use it in the mornings. I've been using it since January. I'd like to try some of the other products but really think the basics are all that I need. At night I'll clense my face and use Laura Mercier's Flawless Skin Creme http://www.lauramercier.com/products...ss_skin_creme/
It's pricy, too, but it lasts for months, especially when you use it only at night.

A lot of times, I'm bad though and just go to bed without cleaning my face. Before using these products, I was using the Oil of Olay's Regenerist skin care products. The Oil of Olay Serum is very good and combined with the regenerist moisturizers may give similiar effects to the IQ Derma. I just feel that the IQ Derma is a more intense product, and may do more to regenerate the cells.

Sorry for the long post. Hope you find this useful. Gotta run or will be late for work!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Old 04-28-2008, 06:12 AM   #9
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

There are several IQ Derma products listed on e-bay, in case any one's interested. I don't know if the one that Marilyn uses is on there on not, but it's worth checking out.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:38 AM   #10
goofywife
Donating 4WT Yakker

Woo Hoo, I am glad that your visit went so well. Thanks for the tip on the IQ Derma!

OK Yorkie Rescue-Another Chance at Love
goofywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:50 AM   #11
Janet

There is no way I could afford that if I wanted to eat...LOL. I'll have to stick to Oil of Olay products. It was interesting reading though on all the products to see what they are suppose to help.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #12
Chandra Amaya
4WT 500 Club Member

Send a message via AIM to Chandra Amaya Send a message via Yahoo to Chandra Amaya
Great news Marilyn! Hey if it works keep it up and you are right. you are worth it!
Old 04-29-2008, 03:55 AM   #13
Marilyn

Janet, I think the Oil of Olay products are really good. The regenerative line and all of their higher end items. One key is to wear a moisturizer with sunscreen. The IQ Derma products I'm using are very basic. They are stronger than the Oil of Olay, but essentially the same principle. IQ Derma does not send you enough of their serum to last the length of time that it is supposed to. Their products are auto-ship, every two months. So I fill in with the OofO serum or some Laura Mercier serum I have until the next shipment comes. BTW, I use baby oil as eye makeup remover. I think it's the best product for this use on the market and it's really economical.

I remember my mother saying that there was a shortage of so many things during WW2, they had to use olive oil to clean and moisturize their faces. At least we have lots more products to choose from.