4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Parenting & Family

Old 05-21-2008, 08:21 AM   #1
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Mom Wanted Ad....

MOM WANTED

JOB DESCRIPTION:

Long term team players needed for challenging permanent work in an often chaotic environment. Candidates must possess excellent communication and organizational skills, and be willing to work variable hours, which will include evenings and weekends and 24hour shifts on call. Some overnight travel required, including trips to primitive camping sites on rainy weekends and endless sports tournaments in far away cities. Travel expenses not reimbursed. Extensive courier duties also required.

RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must provide on-the-site training in basic life skills, such as nose blowing. Must have strong skills in negotiating, conflict resolution and crisis management. Ability to suture flesh wounds a plus. Must be able to think out of the box but not lose track of the box, because you most likely will need it for a school project. Must reconcile petty cash disbursements and be proficient in managing budgets and resources fairly, unless you want to hear, "He got more than me!" for the rest of your life. Also, must be able to drive motor vehicles safely under loud and adverse conditions while simultaneously practicing above mentioned skills in conflict resolution. Must be able to choose your battles and stick to your guns. Must be able to withstand criticism, such as "You don't know anything." Must be willing to be hated at least temporarily, until someone needs $5 to go skating. Must be willing to bite tongue repeatedly. Also, must possess the physical stamina of a pack mule and be able to go from zero to 60 mph in three seconds flat in case, this time, the screams from the backyard are not someone just crying wolf. Must be willing to face stimulating technical challenges, such as small gadget repair, mysteriously sluggish toilets and stuck zippers. Must screen phone calls, maintain calendars and coordinate production of multiple homework projects. Must have ability to plan and organize social gatherings for clients of all ages and mental outlooks. Must be willing to be indispensable one minute, an embarrassment the next. Must handle assembly and product safety testing of a half million cheap, plastic toys and battery operated devices. Also, must have a highly energetic entrepreneurial spirit, because fund-raiser will be your middle name. Must have a diverse knowledge base, so as to answer questions such as "What makes the wind move?" or "Why can't the army just go in and shoot Sadaam Hussein?" on the fly. Must always hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. Must assume final, complete accountability for the quality of the end product. Responsibilities also include floor maintenance and janitorial work throughout the facility.

POSSIBILITY FOR ADVANCEMENT AND PROMOTION:
Virtually none. Your job is to remain in the same position for years, without complaining, constantly retraining and updating your skills, so that those in your charge can ultimately surpass you.

PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE:
None required, unfortunately. On-the-job training offered on a continually exhausting basis. College will help them become financially independent. When you die, you give them whatever is left. The oddest thing about this reverse-salary scheme is that you actually enjoy it and wish you could only do more.

BENEFITS:
While no health or dental insurance, no pension, no tuition reimbursement, no paid holidays and no stock options are offered, job supplies limitless opportunities for personal growth and free hugs for life if you play your cards right.

Author unknown
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:23 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Just not sure what to say. Sounds like a crappy job to me, but I've loved most every minute.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:49 AM   #3
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Just not sure what to say. Sounds like a crappy job to me, but I've loved most every minute.
Amen Janet !!! me too....
Old 05-22-2008, 11:43 AM   #4
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Diana,

That is so great! All true, and yet, like Janet said, I love every minute of it.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:30 AM   #5
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

It makes me tired just looking at it!!! Thankfully I'm on the downhill side of all of that now but I'm really not looking forward to being completely free of all of it. I don't want Jaci to grow up and leave
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:04 AM   #6
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Where should I drop off my resume??
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:12 AM   #7
miki47

Love it...
Old 08-15-2008, 03:07 PM   #8
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
And then you become a grandma. which means you no longer have the final say, but are still on call during the tough times and are expected when there's a problem to have all the answers for someone who just years ago thought you knew nothing! lol
Old 08-16-2008, 03:10 PM   #9
Emmsmom

This is something that only a Mom can truly appreciate! I will have to print this one out!
Old 08-16-2008, 06:12 PM   #10
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

So very true. love it !
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote