4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Comedy & Funny Stuff

Old 05-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Why Women Lie

One day, when a seamstress was sewing while sitting close to a river, her thimble fell into the river. When she cried out, the Lord appeared and asked, 'My dear child, why are you crying?' The seamstress replied that her thimble had fallen into the water and that she needed it to help her husband in making a living for their family. The Lord dipped His hand into the water and pulled up a golden thimble set with sapphires.

'Is this your thimble?' the Lord asked The seamstress replied, 'No.'
The Lord again dipped into the river. He held out a golden thimble studded with rubies.

'Is this your thimble?' the Lord asked. Again, the seamstress replied, 'No.'
The Lord reached down again and came up with a leather thimble.

'Is this your thimble ?' the Lord asked. The seamstress replied, 'Yes.' The Lord was pleased with the woman's honesty and gave her all three thimbles to keep, and the seamstress went home happy.

Some years later, the seamstress was walking with her husband along the riverbank, and her husband fell into the river and disappeared under the water. When she cried out, the Lord again appeared and asked her, 'Why are you crying?' 'Oh Lord, my husband has fallen into the river!'

The Lord went down into the water and came up with George Clooney. 'Is this your husband?' the Lord asked.

'Yes,' cried the seamstress. The Lord was furious. 'You lied! That is an untruth!' The seamstress replied, 'Oh, forgive me, my Lord. It is a misunderstanding. You see, if I had said 'no' to George Clooney, you would have come up with Brad Pitt.

Then if I said 'no' to him, you would have come up with my husband. Had I then said 'yes,' you would have given me all three. Lord, I'm not in the best of health and would not be able to take care of all three husbands, so THAT'S why I said 'yes' to George Clooney.
And so the Lord let her keep him.

The moral of this story is:
Whenever a woman lies, it's for a good and honorable reason, and in the best interest of others. That's our story, and we're sticking to it.
Signed,
All Us Women, Amen
Old 05-23-2008, 02:34 AM   #2
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

That's great Tink! Now I have an excuse! The George Clooney part wouldn't be to bad either.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:17 AM   #3
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Just don't know what to say...
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:23 AM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Great one Tink....AMEN....LOLOLOL
Old 05-23-2008, 05:11 AM   #5
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Lol!!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:30 AM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

As women, there are many times when lying is far more efficient than telling the truth.

Example: "Marcy, take that crayon out of your mouth! No Mommy, I'm eating it for breakfast. But honey, if you eat that red crayon, your nose, your ears and your hands will turn bright red. How will Santa recognize you when he's looking for you to give you your Christmas presents? Mommy, can I have cereal instead?"

"Why are we having leftovers for dinner? You know I hate leftovers! Leftovers?
How can you say that? (tears and sniffling accompany these comments). I cooked your dinner with love, and you're calling it leftovers? (Stomps out of kitchen). The following night, hubby comes come with lovely roses.

Yes sweetie, I love the green streaks in your hair. In fact, can I borrow the dye? I'm going to try some myself. And, by the way, I think it's time for a tongue ring. Will you come with me and help me choose? What do you mean I'll embarrass you? You don't embarrass me! If you can do it, so can I! Maybe we'll go after you come home from school. You're never coming home again?
Please email me with your new family's address and phone number. Oh, and don't take that green dye with you. I want to use it after I clean up the breakfast dishes.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 05:39 PM   #7
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Good ones Tink & Judy !
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:21 AM   #8
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Very Cute!!! George Clooney.....Good choice!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote