4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 05-29-2008, 09:22 PM   #1
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

So excited for my best friend!!!

I'm so happy right now, I thought I'd share the good news with all of you since it's too late to call my mom My best friend just got engaged a couple weeks ago in Vegas. I was so excited for her, she had been waiting for years! So he finally proposed and everyone knew it was going to happen eventually but I'm so happy for her anyway. She just called me tonight and asked me to be her maid of honor!!! I've never been in a wedding party before so I'm soooo excited! And she was like "Oh my gosh I'm so glad you said yes!" and I was like "Do you think I would have said no???" and I wanted to hug her or something but we kind of live about 5 hours apart! Anyways she said she wished she could have asked in person but she didn't know when she'd see me again. But it turns out she's going back home in a few weeks, so I'm going to make a trip there too and we can have a hug then I'm just so so so so excited right now I don't think I'll be able to sleep!
Oh yeah and she told me that she's really happy that I'm happy in life right now, but she said if I move south she will be really sad because we won't see each other. I had to remind her we only see each other twice a year anyway so I'd still try to make it home sometimes! We just talked for over 2 hours, and I love that we're both so happy!
Haha okay I'm going to try to go to sleep now!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:46 AM   #2
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Lindsey, so happy for you and for your friend!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:35 AM   #3
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Not so happy anymore. I was all excited telling Kyle about it and he is in a bad mood and he acted like a jerk. Then I told my roommate that I can't believe he's acting like that, and you know what she told me? It's Relay for Life tonight, and she just said "Well please do me and the team a HUGE favor and don't make him mad tonight because we don't need to have him there grumpy" What??? I'm sitting at work and there are tears coming to my eyes.

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 05-30-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Lindsey why is he in a bad mood? Because you told him you will be a maid of honor? I hope not. Don't let him rain on your parade.. Please don't cry, don't let him upset you. I don't understand and its not my place but why do you stay with this guy. He gives you nothing but heartache. Your a beautiful girl and we have been down this road before. We all have told you.. I will keep quiet I am sorry. I just hate to see you upset....

Smile being a maid of honor is a honor and so much fun...
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 06:18 AM   #5
Monica

Congratulations to your friend! I'm sorry that your boyfriend is being mean. I'm new here so I don't know any of the history between you and your boyfriend but I hope you work things out and do what is best for you.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:49 PM   #6
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Everything's okay now. It was just a little spat because he was having a bad day at work. He wasn't really mad about the maid of honor thing, but he was just acting nonchalant about it and not being happy for me like I wanted him to. I told him how excited I was and that the only thing that wasn't perfect is that she asked me not to wear heels because I'm tall and the best man is short, but heels are my favorite and I think I walk funny in dresses without heels! But the main point was that I was really excited and he completely ignored everything and said it's stupid of my friend to ask me not to wear heels because it's just one dance and it shouldn't matter etc... so then I was defending her and her choice (it's HER wedding!) but later when I talked to him (all night at the relay) he was in a better mood and actually was happy for me. My roommate has also been kind of weird lately though, talking behind my back to MY friends about me, and then saying other stuff like that to my face. She was complaining to me last night about my boyfriend just because he didn't agree with something she said. But anyways, this thread isn't about that so I don't want to get too into it!
I'm still super excited for the maid of honor thing! And to be honest I don't really know what my responsibilities are! I'm involved in planning the bridal shower, stagette, and stuff like that, right? And am I supposed to make a speech at the wedding? I didn't want to ask the bride and make her think I didn't know anything!

Old 05-31-2008, 04:08 PM   #7
Monica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey View Post
Everything's okay now. It was just a little spat because he was having a bad day at work. He wasn't really mad about the maid of honor thing, but he was just acting nonchalant about it and not being happy for me like I wanted him to. I told him how excited I was and that the only thing that wasn't perfect is that she asked me not to wear heels because I'm tall and the best man is short, but heels are my favorite and I think I walk funny in dresses without heels! But the main point was that I was really excited and he completely ignored everything and said it's stupid of my friend to ask me not to wear heels because it's just one dance and it shouldn't matter etc... so then I was defending her and her choice (it's HER wedding!) but later when I talked to him (all night at the relay) he was in a better mood and actually was happy for me. My roommate has also been kind of weird lately though, talking behind my back to MY friends about me, and then saying other stuff like that to my face. She was complaining to me last night about my boyfriend just because he didn't agree with something she said. But anyways, this thread isn't about that so I don't want to get too into it!
I'm still super excited for the maid of honor thing! And to be honest I don't really know what my responsibilities are! I'm involved in planning the bridal shower, stagette, and stuff like that, right? And am I supposed to make a speech at the wedding? I didn't want to ask the bride and make her think I didn't know anything!
Yep, you plan a shower and her bachelorette party. She may need assistance with other things and ask for help, like do it yourself projects. Not every maid of honor gives a speech at the reception, it's up to the bride and groom. My maid of honor is giving a speech at my reception. And remember the day of the wedding you will be the one to keep her dress straight, make sure she's looking fabulous and hold her dress up when she needs to pee
Old 05-31-2008, 04:09 PM   #8
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Lol I have my work cut out for me since she lives 5 hours away! I have never even been to the city she lives in!

Old 05-31-2008, 05:27 PM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

The maid of honor is so nice. Your job is really to help the bride with everything, to take the pressure off of her, and to pamper her before the wedding.

If you really want to know, maybe you can google wedding etiquette.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #10
Taurus Babe

Wow Lindsay, very exciting for both of you!
Old 06-04-2008, 02:27 PM   #11
Emmsmom

Awww.. How sweet. Congrats to you and your friend.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #12
teri88

She is very lucky to have such a good friend, who is so excited and happy for her! Have fun seeing her and being in the wedding and everything!

Of course I'm in shape. Isn't round a shape?
teri88 is offline   Reply With Quote