4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 07-24-2008, 09:54 AM   #1
HALEY

What is wrong with my dog !!!!

My little girl (dog) has been acting weird lately, peeing/poop in the house, two days ago i had to scrub the rugs cause i didn't know she squeezed thru the baby gates a poop in the livingroom Micah stepped in it and ran all over the house before Mike saw it on the rug, i was to busy trying to make dinner oh was i pissed off, now this morning she jumped on the couch and peed!!! What the heck is she doing, i rubbed her nose in it and she got a smack on the ass and both dogs are going to stay in the basement while im at work... i hate to punish my other dog.. but... i don't know what to do.. i put there toys, water bowl, treats, beds, and they have a couch and tv down there, so its not like there in a box, the basement is way bigger then my kitchen. so they do have more room down there, i just don't know why she is acting up..... does anyone know why she is doing this?
Old 07-24-2008, 10:04 AM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I don't have any idea. I don't have any trouble with Reuger unless we have a female in heat nearby, then he starts marking and peeing in the house. Maybe someone with a female will have some answers.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
I don't have any idea. I don't have any trouble with Reuger unless we have a female in heat nearby, then he starts marking and peeing in the house. Maybe someone with a female will have some answers.
Thanks Diana, i don't know what to do with her. she doesn't do this at night. and they always sleep with me. maybe Micah sleeping in the bed too, but she's my good dog. now the boy was always the bad one, but i love them both the same.. the boy just likes to bark alot....
Old 07-24-2008, 01:54 PM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Some females will mark, but not all the time like some males do. Haley, you should never EVER rub their nose in it. It doesn't help and in fact could cause infection or other problems.
Also not good to hit them.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:39 PM   #5
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

How old is she Haley? Has anything changed in her environment lately? Dogs always do things for a reason. Call her vet and see what they have to say.
Is her poop normal?

Take a good look at what's going on in her environment. You'll figure it out. I agree with Janet. Hitting just doesn't work with dogs. You pretty much have to catch her in the act and say NO very sternly. If you find it after the fact, they don't even remember doing it. Sometimes Gracie will pee on her paper, and two minutes later, she'll go over and smell it like it's something totally new.

I'm pretty concerned about Max. He's been sleeping all the time. Today, I found him inside my closet, under a shelf, sleeping. I know he doesn't do well in the heat, but I'm taking him to the vet a soon as I move.

I also think he might be upset by the packing and throwing things out. He knows something is up, and he's pretty sensitive to change. He gets anxious. Gracie could care less!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:34 PM   #6
Jo4

There are weewee wraps or diaper panties. Be sure to use an enzyme cleaner wherever she has piddled. If you don't she will go back there. Guess I would also consider going to the vet and having her checked for some physical ailment. Sorry she is giving you grief. Joanne
Old 07-25-2008, 02:50 AM   #7
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Some females will mark, but not all the time like some males do. Haley, you should never EVER rub their nose in it. It doesn't help and in fact could cause infection or other problems.
Also not good to hit them.
I know Janet, i just lost my cool , i already had to scrub the carpet this week cause of her, then i had to scrub down the couch also. just too much....
Old 07-25-2008, 02:52 AM   #8
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
How old is she Haley? Has anything changed in her environment lately? Dogs always do things for a reason. Call her vet and see what they have to say.
Is her poop normal?

Take a good look at what's going on in her environment. You'll figure it out. I agree with Janet. Hitting just doesn't work with dogs. You pretty much have to catch her in the act and say NO very sternly. If you find it after the fact, they don't even remember doing it. Sometimes Gracie will pee on her paper, and two minutes later, she'll go over and smell it like it's something totally new.

I'm pretty concerned about Max. He's been sleeping all the time. Today, I found him inside my closet, under a shelf, sleeping. I know he doesn't do well in the heat, but I'm taking him to the vet a soon as I move.

I also think he might be upset by the packing and throwing things out. He knows something is up, and he's pretty sensitive to change. He gets anxious. Gracie could care less!
The only thing that changed is Micah is in the picture now, but other than that, nothing same routine everyday with her, i'll call the vet today, i have to get there flea pills anyways... she was pretty good last night, and there back down in the basement today, i got them treats yesterday cause i felt bad... so she was on the couch this morning eating her treats when i left.