4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
jrsygal37
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yorkie In Need Of Home

Hi guys this is off topic but I have someone in my neighborhood that has an adorable 5 month old Yorkie. I went to see him today and fell in love but hubby is fighting me on it. It's very hard since losing Jersey. Anyway, it's kind of a not so good situation. The pup is living with two big dogs and a 4 yr. old that is grabbing and hurting him. The gal wanted $600 and then she said she'd take $400 and I'm 99.9 percent positive I can get her down to $300.00. He's up to date on shots, on heart worm preventative and seems to be in good health. No issues I see and really absolutely adorable. My guess is he'll be in the 6-7 lbs. range. She won't ship but if anyone in NJ is interested PM me and I'll give you the info. I was tempted to grab him for $300 and then rehome him to a good home for the same price. I just hate to see him left in the situation he's in and I get the feeling she'll let him go to anyone. His ears stand up by the way. He is super precious. He's not neutered by the way and that too concerns me as I hate to see him end up being a caged breeder dog with a bad breeder or mill. Any takers? Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 03:55 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I think I would try and get him and then rehome him. Maybe your hubby is afraid you'll want to keep him. Assure him that you don't want your heart broke again so you just want to save this little guy while still looking for that perfect baby for yourself.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:07 PM   #3
jrsygal37
Donating 4WT Yakker

Hi Janet. Well, actually I was just going to post again. After I posted here it was bothering me so I called her to tell her I was coming over to get him and was told that another lady an hour and a half away was on her way to pick him up. I asked her if she at least checked her out somewhat (knowing she could not have but hoping she atleast questioned her) and she said Yeah, I did she actually works for a senator (like that makes her a perfect home). The truth is I DID FALL IN LOVE and for sure would have wanted to keep him but hubby for the first time in his life said NO. We are both gun shy after losing two in one year. Thanks Janet. I pray this little guy got at least a good home this time around and I'm kicking myself for just not doing it without even telling hubby. More so because I'm so worried over who may have taken him. At that price he may end up in the wrong hands as just a breeder. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 05:22 PM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
All you can do is pray he's in a loving home. It just wasn't meant to be this time Elaine. I think you might have gotten your heart broken again...so the right one is on his/her way.