4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 09-30-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I miss my little angel Gracie Leigh

I finally did it. I posted her Rest in Peace thread on another site. It took me this long to be able to do this. I used the Rainbow Bridge poem you posted Diana.

I made up a memorial video for her. That was so hard. It's strange - I seem to miss her more lately.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:44 PM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Judy, I just can't imagine the horror you experienced losing Gracie Leigh the way you did. I think I would replay that scene over and over. You are very strong to go forward and do all the things you've done in the past few weeks.

You have my respect. But I'm still very sorry you lost Gracie Leigh, it must be so hard, even with precious Annie Leigh in your life now. I must say though, she is a real cutie pie!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 02:33 AM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Judy....I just knew you were still having a difficult time. I wish there was some way I could help. Gracie Leigh's death was so violent, I believe it will take quite some time to get through it, but you will. Don't be afraid to let yourself mourn.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:24 AM   #4
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Judy, the wise ladies above me have expressed our thoughts very well. My thoughts and prayers are with you. You are a very strong lady!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:14 AM   #5
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

{{{{{{Judy}}}}}} It's got to be hard losing your beloved pet so violently. I know that you still miss her. You know that we're here for you when you need us. There is healing in the memories that you have of Gracie Leigh and in talking about all her cute antics.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:14 PM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thanks my dear friends. Actually, I do feel better after making the video and posting about her death.

It takes time, I know.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:03 PM   #7
2tiredmom

Judy,

I'm so sorry for you. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. We were very close to our last dog and when we lost her we didn't get another. It was just to stressful
for the kids and me.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:22 PM   #8
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Judy {{{{{{{{ HUGS}}}}} I feel your pain, it was horrible what happened.. Think of all the good times you had with Gracie Leigh and keep talking all you want about her, it will ease the pain, we are here for you.....
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #9
jrsygal37
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
I finally did it. I posted her Rest in Peace thread on another site. It took me this long to be able to do this. I used the Rainbow Bridge poem you posted Diana.

I made up a memorial video for her. That was so hard. It's strange - I seem to miss her more lately.
I know how you feel Judy. I was cleaning my car the other day and came across Jersey's vet papers and tonight as I was destroying them I just started balling my eyes out. Hubby says everything happens for a reason and to some degree I believe that but not in this situation. I can't find any reason for anyone to lose a puppy to illess anymore then I can find any reason for people to lose their human babies to illness. Just kills you. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 07:04 AM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I know Elaine. I really do, and my heart is with you.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:01 PM   #11
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Judy, I went to view the video you made...it was very touching, very nice. You did a great job in the video tribute.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:11 AM   #12
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thanks Janet. I have a program called Animoto that does it for you.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:33 AM   #13
jrsygal37
Donating 4WT Yakker

I hope you're feeling a little better today Judy. I did not see your video. Saw you posted on YT but since I"m not a member there anymore I wasn't able to watch it or post under your thread. I know how hard this all had to be on your Judy. I think in ways harder then my losing my girl. I cannot imagine having that scene in my head over and over. It was an accident. A tragic accident and I'm so sorry you had to go though it. I'm sure your daughter is just as haunted. I really hope you are feeling a little better today and thanks for your kind words. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #14
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

I am so sorry with what you went through.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:21 AM   #15
Forgivenmom5
4WT 500 Club Member

Feel better Judy. Gracie Leigh was such a darling and her Mommy gave her so much love I know she had a happy life.