4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Site Comments & Suggestions

Old 11-06-2008, 04:24 AM   #1
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

What happened to thread???

Admin, Was the thread deleted where we were discussing the Presidential election? If so, why? We were doing so in a nice way. I don't see why we cannot discuss important topics as long as the overall tone is a friendly one.

This forum has lost some very nice members because they were made to feel unwelcome here. Haven't you noticed the lower level of activity over the past three months or so?

We very much enjoy the relationships that have been made here and the ones that we are making, and some of us would like to be more free to express ourselves from time to time. Life would be very boring if we all agreed on everything all the time.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:55 AM   #2
Ponyup

I agree. I read the thread, I didn't post because I don't vote therefore I don't feel I have a right to an opinion. But the thread was pleasant & civil & showed no sign of getting out of hand.
Ponyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:59 AM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I saw the thread and a few posts to it. I know that as a McCain supporter I was more than a little upset with how the election went and I wasn't ready to hear the cheers from the Obama supporters. I don't think that I was alone in feeling that and that's why the thread was removed. Just think about how you would have felt if the tables would have been turned. I think that politics just need to be given a little time because it's still a sensitive subject.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
I saw the thread and a few posts to it. I know that as a McCain supporter I was more than a little upset with how the election went and I wasn't ready to hear the cheers from the Obama supporters. I don't think that I was alone in feeling that and that's why the thread was removed. Just think about how you would have felt if the tables would have been turned. I think that politics just need to be given a little time because it's still a sensitive subject.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:17 AM   #5
Marilyn

If you don't want to participate in a thread or even view it, that is your option. It's not fair for a couple of people to dictate what a community of equals wish to discuss which is what is developing in this forum.

There are threads that I simply pass on because the subject matter is not something that I wish to participate in. I have no problem with others participating. That's their option, but I do have a problem with having to tippy toe around and being afraid to post for fear that someone will be offended.

That atmosphere makes for an unfriendly place.

Please let's keep this forum open and friendly. Friends can disagree and still be dear friends. We are all unique and bring much to this community.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Old 11-06-2008, 09:34 AM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

You asked why the thread was removed and I was replying to your question.

I think that we do have a friendly forum and I think that for the most part we do get along well. I agree with you that when there's a thread that you don't agree with that it's best to leave it alone.

As for why some of our people have left our forum I can't say because it was never made clear as to why. I'm guessing that politics was and still is a senstive subject.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:38 AM   #7
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

I also have noticed the slow down here.
Didn't see any reason to close the thread on the election.
I thought everyone was very respectful, it is just opinions.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:30 AM   #8
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm sorry that those who wanted McCain are upset about the election results.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if, in time, we are all happy with our government, and that America is thriving?

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:08 PM   #9
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Judy yes I was sad McCain didn't win. But I will support Obama as President will give him chance. This ecomony is so messed up I doubt he will make a difference. The ecomony will take a long time to thrive again . Hope he does what he promised for he is a good speaker. Let's see what he does.

Last edited by Gina; 11-11-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:48 AM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
Judy yes I was sad McCain didn't win. But I will support Obama as President will give him chance. This ecomony is so messed up I doubt he will make a difference. The ecomony will take a long time to thrive again . Hope he does what he promised for he is a good speaker. Let's see what he does.
The economy is scary. It seems to me that it just is so bad. When I heard that GM might close, I couldn't believe it.

I went grocery shopping yesterday and it cost me $89.01! I think it would have cost about $70 a couple of years ago. I used to look for sales. I don't see many right now. Except for the 5 Healthy Choice dinner for $10.00! Not bad.

I do know that whoever won for President is going to have a very hard time fixing the economy.

I feel that I should do some volunteer work for the holidays. I feel so sorry for the families that can't afford heat, much less holiday goodies.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:24 AM   #11
celstu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
The economy is scary. It seems to me that it just is so bad. When I heard that GM might close, I couldn't believe it.

I went grocery shopping yesterday and it cost me $89.01! I think it would have cost about $70 a couple of years ago. I used to look for sales. I don't see many right now. Except for the 5 Healthy Choice dinner for $10.00! Not bad.

I do know that whoever won for President is going to have a very hard time fixing the economy.

I feel that I should do some volunteer work for the holidays. I feel so sorry for the families that can't afford heat, much less holiday goodies.
$89 for food shopping??? I want to go where you go! haha I live alone and shop for only myself and my food bill is about $150 when I go. Now I usually go once a month and then just have to run out for milk or yogurt or something small once or twice a week, but Id say overall for just myself I spend probably $250 a month on food. Scary!
celstu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:48 PM   #12
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by celstu1 View Post
$89 for food shopping??? I want to go where you go! haha I live alone and shop for only myself and my food bill is about $150 when I go. Now I usually go once a month and then just have to run out for milk or yogurt or something small once or twice a week, but Id say overall for just myself I spend probably $250 a month on food. Scary!
I think the $89 will last me for about 10 days - so 90 x3 = $270. We're on the same budget! Imagine if we had to shop for 2 or 3 kids and a husband!

Old 11-13-2008, 06:10 PM   #13
Marilyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
I think the $89 will last me for about 10 days - so 90 x3 = $270. We're on the same budget! Imagine if we had to shop for 2 or 3 kids and a husband!
Groceries are getting expensive, but if you stick to the fresh things on the edges of the store and stay away from the processed things in the middle, you will be healthier and your bill will be less. Just a thought.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:42 AM   #14
celstu1

Oh I wish... not here. Its cheaper to eat junk food. Its always on sale. Fresh fruit, veggies and dairy are always soo expensive. Especially in the winter. I do try to only shop the perimeter though, I know its the healthiest way to shop. Thats a great tip! Notice how ice cream is in the perimeter though? I always end up coming home with ice cream! hhhhmmm hahahaha
celstu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #15
PSEUGSIMMUSSY

What happened to thread

There is one thing I still dont get. If you click on "View New Posts" at the top, there are some folders that have a little "corner" thingy on the bottom right corner of the folder icon. Currently, this thread is an example of that. What the heck is that corner thingy?