4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 11-09-2008, 10:43 AM   #1
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Back from being AWOL

Hi Everyone!

I have not been posting for I was going through a bad two weeks. All ends well , thank God.

Two weeks ago I went in for a checkup with my regular M.D. While I was there I asked him to take a look at my big toe, I had this bluish black line for a few months and I thought that it was a nail fungus from getting pedicures. He looked at it and said no it is not a fungus he asked if I had injured my toe. At that point I didn't recall doing so, and he is always on the ball and said Gina I am sending you to a foot dr .I want to make sure its not melanoma . Go this week, long story short I got an appt. and in between I had a dental abscess last weekend. As you recall I had dental implants in the Spring. Now my other side something was brewing.

I go to dentist on Monday, prior to my foot dr. appointment. The dentist says to me bad news the two teeth and bridge have to come out I am sending you back to the surgeon. He proceeds to tell me that I will lose bone and this has to be taken care of asap. Lovely I am upset already and this point what else can go wrong.

I go to foot dr. afterwards and she looks at my toenail with a concerned look and says that if it was an injury oh by the way I do remember now that I dropped a shopping basket over summer on toe. That the nail in this amount of time would have been growing out mine didn't. She wanted to remove the toenail right there and then but I was upset because I was having all this work on my mouth and was alone. To much to handle. Plus I am squeamish didn't want my nail removed . She says make it for another day this week, I will remove nail and send for biopsy. At this point I am reading online and have myself in a frenzy that I have the worst. I also got a second opinion and the foot dr. said the same you have to remove toenail.

To end this story I had this toenail removed.. yes it hurts on Friday, and she smiled and said it was blood on the nail, my nail bed was clear.. Thank God.. She was worried herself... So I had two teeth removed, three dental implants, sinus lift , bone grafting and this other procedure. I survived ! I am so relieved that I don't have cancer...

Sorry I wrote a novel here.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Oh Gina that's so scary! I'm glad everything turned out fine!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

You big stinker!!! I can't believe that you didn't let us know that all of this was going on!!!! We could have been worrying with you!!!! I'm glad that everything's alright but I'm sorry that you have to have more work on your teeth. Next time there's a problems you need to keep us posted!!!!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:21 PM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Gina, you already know this, but thank you God for taking care of our Gina. It's over now Gina so just think happy thoughts and let yourself heal.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:12 PM   #5
Shada

WOW!!!

That is a lot to deal with all at once!!! So glad your toe is going to be alright... and here's hoping your mouth is on the mend too...

You were missed.. glad you are back with us...
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:16 PM   #6
Tiramisu

Come on, Gina, and post with me in "I'm Falling Apart". Glad you're back and getting patched up.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #7
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Oh My Goodness GINA!! You have been through the wringer. I would have been on here whining, crying, bitching, and shouting.

You poor dear! I hope everything continues to get better and better!
Old 11-09-2008, 05:20 PM   #8
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Thank you ladies!! I was so out of it and depressed I couldnt even type if I wanted to. I was sooo scared about the foot. The teeth I could deal with. Anyway, I have wonderful children and they have been cleaning my toe and bandaging it.. Boy is it painful I cannot even look.. YUCK! But I am relieved a big cloud has been removed... Thank God for he is wonderful

Last edited by Gina; 11-09-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:52 PM   #9
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Gina, so glad that your news was good!!!! You have been through a lot in a short time. Hope this is the most excitement you have for a while, unless it's selling a $1 million house or something!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:40 AM   #10
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

Gina, so glad you are OK and that its not that serious. You have had a LOT to chew on, i'm happy to hear your children are helping you. Now, you get well soon, next time, scream and shout on here if you have to, it does help, promise
Old 11-10-2008, 05:38 AM   #11
2tiredmom

I do not see how you managed that alone and not with us. But I'm so thankful
your doing so much better now. God is awesome. He has came though for me
I'm sure more times than I know. So I guess you weren't alone. God was right there with you.