4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 10-01-2006, 09:26 AM   #1
Tink
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Tink
Hair dyes

All summer I used a lighter color on my hair since it used to bleach out to a golden blonde on it's own. Today I put in a light brown for my autumn color. It's the next darker color after the blonde I used in the Clairol line, so isn't a huge difference. Am I the only one who colors their hair according to the seasons?

I really wanted a fresh look for my first day on the new job.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:01 AM   #2
jane

I sometimes color my haird darker towards the winter time since hair naturally gets a little darker over the winter. In the summer I like to go lighter with my hair. However, I went lighter this summer than I ever have before and I'm going to keep it that way for a while. I love dying my hair...it's fun
Old 10-01-2006, 11:37 AM   #3
Mandy
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

I have tried that, going a darker color, but people did not like it on me, guess i'm too pale...
Old 10-01-2006, 12:32 PM   #4
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I usually just cover the gray about every 4 -5 weeks. In the summer she'll lighten it a little bit, and then in the winter go back to the darker shade. I would really like a nicer hairstyle too. I'll keep checking the books and then there are sites on-line too.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #5
Mandy78

I always change my hair with the seasons! Its fun! I was blond all summer long, and put low lights in it back in August. Got bored and now I am a chestnut brown!
Love it!

I also change my customers too! They love it! I hate doin the same colors all the time! And they seem to love the change too! I guess it helps that if I do it, then they can see its always a good change!!! Try it!
Old 10-02-2006, 06:38 AM   #6
Necee419

I have pretty much done every color on my hair. My natural color is a mousy, ash brown but I usually add blonde highlights in the summer. I am thinking of going soft black soon. I always get mixed reactions when I do it. My eyebrows are naturally a soft black so it actually looks quite natural but some people say I am too pale to play it off. Others say they like it and that it brings my green eyes out. I actually prefer the darker colors because my thick, wavy hair doesn't look as frizzy. I think lighter colors make your hair look dryer, for those with curly hair.
Necee419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:25 PM   #7
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

I used to get highlights awhile back, but now I'm into really dark hair for some reason. I have naturally really dark hair so luckily I don't have to color it.
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:28 PM   #8
rivermom
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Oh, I need to get my hair colored again so badly. I swear, I've got that trailer trashed look thing going on. It's just horrible! Summer time I go lighter, fall and winter we go a bit darker. However, now....I've got the lighter and darker thing at the same time going on, it's a trashed look that will NEVER be in style!!
rivermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:43 PM   #9
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I go in on Friday. Not sure what I'll have her do this time..... Maybe she'll surprise me..LOL
Old 10-04-2006, 04:58 PM   #10
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I dye my hair dark auburn, then I get bored and go to dk. brown, in summer my grays go lighter so I look like I have streaks. Now Im trying med. brown.. I like to experiment..lol
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:31 AM   #11
magnolia

I can't dye my hair so can't help you there. I have what my beautician calls "resistive hair" - won't hold a color or a perm!!! Last color I got in my hair (and it's been 10 years or better), it was supposed to last like 3 months - it ALL washed out in a week! $60 down the drain - literally!! She re-did the color for me at no charge and yep, it washed out in a week!! The last perm she put in my hair lasted all of about 3 weeks. So now, I go with a lovely shade of gray hi-lites in my hair

"Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been"....Jimmy Buffett
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:50 AM   #12
Cribal

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia
I can't dye my hair so can't help you there. I have what my beautician calls "resistive hair" - won't hold a color or a perm!!! Last color I got in my hair (and it's been 10 years or better), it was supposed to last like 3 months - it ALL washed out in a week! $60 down the drain - literally!! She re-did the color for me at no charge and yep, it washed out in a week!! The last perm she put in my hair lasted all of about 3 weeks. So now, I go with a lovely shade of gray hi-lites in my hair
My hair is like yours when it comes to perms. My hair will only hold a perm for about 2 weeks and then it's gone. Funny thing is, is that my hair sucks up color. When I was younger I died my hair black (to be a witch for halloween)with a like a 2 weeks wash out color and it stayed forever. I had to wait for it to grow out b/c my mom didn't want to put another dye ontop b/c she thought it would damage my hair. - Then when I was 18 I dyed the bottom tips of my hair neon blue with just a wash / wash out hair dye and then got in some trouble and had a court date a month later. I went to a hair dresser and they tried their best to get the color out and they were unsuccessful. I end up having to chop all my hair off just to get the color out. There was no way I was going to go to court with blue hair...LOL

Since all that I still love to dye my hair. I've done alot of different crazy colors with my hair and I would still love to but my mom said I'm to old to be doing that stuff anymore. (yes, I still listen to my mom on alot of stuff for some weird reason) I do still do blonde highlights during the summer and then go darker for the winter.

TALKING ABOUT ALL OF THIS IS MAKING ME WANT TO GO AND CHANGE THE COLOR OF MY HAIR. I'M ALWAYS BROKE SO I ALWAYS JUST DYE MY HAIR MYSELF. I MAY HAVE TO STOP BY THE DRUG STORE AFTER WORK. HEHE...
Old 10-12-2006, 10:57 AM   #13
SweetCuteness

Send a message via AIM to SweetCuteness
I definitely change the color of my hair with the seasons. I don't usually choose though - it's usually my hair stylist that chooses after I give them sort of an idea. Auburn low-lites and blonde high-lites are my current fall colors
Old 10-13-2006, 05:13 AM   #14
blowry

I change my hair color ALL the time...My daughter is a hairdresser....she will tell me that I need to change color at different time of the year...My hair is dark (with gray hi-lites LOL!) so she will color it and then hi-lite it in the summer...come fall she will color and put in low-lites. I kinda like the change..
Old 10-13-2006, 05:46 AM   #15
magnolia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribal
TALKING ABOUT ALL OF THIS IS MAKING ME WANT TO GO AND CHANGE THE COLOR OF MY HAIR. I'M ALWAYS BROKE SO I ALWAYS JUST DYE MY HAIR MYSELF. I MAY HAVE TO STOP BY THE DRUG STORE AFTER WORK. HEHE...

So - did you stop by the store? If so, what color did you get? Wish my hair would hold a color but......I've even tried using the colors from the store (cheaper than going to the beautician!) but they all wash out too....usually within a week!! So I just don't spend the money on it anymore.

"Wrinkles will only go where the smiles have been"....Jimmy Buffett
magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote