4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Prayer Requests

Old 12-08-2008, 12:33 PM   #1
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

It's not good news.......

A warrant was finally put out for Dae Lynn's husband's arrest for his disorderly conduct a couple of weeks ago and he went to jail on Thursday. He's spent the weekend in jail and I'm not sure when or if he's going to get out. He'd had 3 DUI's before all of this and was on house arrest so he could take care of his daughter. He broke his parole by getting arrested for being drunk (he's been off house arrest for maybe 6 weeks). Now I guess that they're going to throw everything together and he could be in jail for up to 2 1/2 years. We'll know more later this month when he goes back to court.

Dae Lynn's taking it pretty good except when she thinks about Christmas. So far she still has Karlie but we're not sure what will happen when her mother finds out that Damon's in jail. Having Karlie go and stay with her mom is NOT a good situation for Karlie to be in for very long.

Damon has been doing really good at getting along with Dae Lynn and she says that they've been really happy. I truly hope that Damon changes because he really is a likeable guy.

This is really difficult because this isn't something that we've ever had to deal with before. We just don't know what to do when we have someone in jail and in such big trouble. Dae Lynn did get a lawyer for this morning but they couldn't get the bail reduced. I guess that they're tired of having him back in all the time. I really hope that Damon learns something from all of this.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #2
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Oh Diana, I am so sorry to hear about this. I know what you mean about not sure how to deal with this type of thing. As you know I also have a SIL in jail and it's been really hard to deal with.
I could go on & on but don't want to steal your post here.
I will be praying for you & your family.
PM me if you want.
Lynne
Old 12-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Diana...I know how upsetting this must be for you. I wish I was there to hold your hand. Dae Lynn seems to be taking it well and she has her family for support. I'll keep them all in my prayers. Poor little Karlie, I hope she doesn't have to go back to her mother, if it's a bad situation there.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:35 PM   #4
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm very sorry. I've never had to deal with this but I have a cousin who had both her adult children in jail at the same time! That was about 10 years ago, and they are both out now and leading very productive lives. Things can change, but Damon has to make it change.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:10 PM   #5
Shada

I am so sorry you and your family have to go thru this...

stay strong, prayers are with you.
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:31 PM   #6
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shada View Post
I am so sorry you and your family have to go thru this...

stay strong, prayers are with you.
Well said!! Please know we are all thinking of you and trying our best to lift you up!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:45 AM   #7
Tiramisu

Diana, I'm praying for Dae Lynn, Karlie and Damon, that they have the strength to get through this. I know you'll be Dae Lynn's rock!

I've watched my neighbor's family almost disintegrate through the years with "bad" kids, but they don't have a good foundation like your family.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:29 AM   #8
DianaB

My dear husband went and paid the bail money to get Damon out of jail (BTW-the judge refused to lower it.) but he's really, really upset with Damon. Glen went and talked to a lawyer that's worked with Damon before and he found out that some of his problem is also from not paying off the fines that he'd gotten from before. If my daughter would have known this she would have been paying on them for him. And now, he'll have more fines to pay off AND lawyer fees.

At least he'll be out for Christmas. I'd hate to have my daughter's first Christmas with her husband end up with him in jail instead of him being home with her.

---I just talked to Dae Lynn and Damon doesn't understand all the trouble that he's in. Neither his family or his lawyer has ever sit him down and explained what all he needs to get done to be out of trouble. Glen's really good at figuring out all of that so he'll be sitting down with Damon and explaining what all is going on and trying to help him. It's too bad that we had to get to this place though.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 12:18 PM   #9
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

Diana, I am so sorry, what a mess. All we can do is say prayers.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:02 PM   #10
Tiramisu

I know Glen will do all he can to help AND IT WILL BE THE RIGHT THING TO DO.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:07 PM   #11
DianaB

Thanks so much, everyone, for your prayers and support.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 02:02 PM   #12
2tiredmom

Diana,
I'm right there with the rest of the girls. My prayers are going up for you and your
family. It sounds like you've got a great hubby. Hope Damon keeps his heart and mind open and listens.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:18 PM   #13
Nina

I'm so sorry, but at least he's out now. As you said, all we can do is hope he learns something from all this. I've never dealt with anything like this, but I worked for attorneys for years, so I know how the court system works. I'll keep you all in my prayers.
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:01 AM   #14
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Diana,

I'm so sorry this has happened to all of you. I know that if Damon will work with you, now that you and Greg have taken him under your wings, he can be fine.
I know you won't give up on him and will offer him everything that he needs to turn his life around. I'm sure that Dae Lynn is the same way.

Alcohol is such a terrible drug and it is so hard to change from the self-destructive behavior that it can lead to. My SIL did do it, so there is certainly plenty of hope for Damon.

I am praying for all of you, for Damon to accept the help he is now getting, for Karlie to stay with Dae Lynn, for her to be strong, and for Damon to allow God into his heart.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:36 PM   #15
DianaB

Thanks so much, Judy. Your prayers are appreciated so much.

It's really been getting to me. I'm so disappointed in my family's reaction to Damon's problems and how they've treated him. Glen and I got another ear full the other night after we'd made cookies with the kids and Dae Lynn and Damon had gone home. I feel stuck in the middle trying to keep peace between everyone. I've cried almost everyday for a week, just out of fustration about what to do.

After I stop laughing!!!

Last edited by DianaB; 12-12-2008 at 12:41 PM.