4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 12-27-2008, 05:39 AM   #1
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Can it get any worse? ?

I woke up this morning about 1am feeling terrible. wasn't sure which end to cover, so i sat on the pot with the trash can in front of me .
I was up every hour on the hour assuming this same postion. Hubby woke up around 4 or 5 am feeling just as bad, he's still in bed though, SOMEONE had to get up with the dogs. I am feeling alittle better just a little upset stomach.
we havent eaten the same foods so don't think it was that, only thing i can think of was when we picked mom up at the NH she had been sick that morning. I have so much i need to get done and just can't mustar the energy. I hope this pass's as quickly as it came on.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:40 AM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

That stuff is really going around. My daughter, Jaci, was sick on the 24th and my SIL was in the doctor's office yesterday and he said that there were alot of really sick people in there. They had to move him out of the room he was in because of so many people coming in.

Take care of yourself. All the stuff that needs to be done will just have to wait. You get plenty of rest and make sure that you drink enough. Get well soon!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:12 AM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Oh Lynne, you poor thing!! I hate being sick, but I'd rather it came out the bottom end and not the top end...lol. You have both going on. I sure hope you get to feeling better soon. You sounded great when we talked...it must have come on fast. Don't worry about getting things done...it can wait...you just take care of yourself.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #4
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

That sounds terrible! My hubby felt that bad on the day he had three finals. He went to one, almost passed out and had to leave class several times. He ended up rescheduling the other two. Thank goodness he had understanding professors. We figured out later that it was food poisoning.

I'm sorry you're feeling bad. Hope you feel better soon!
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:04 PM   #5
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Lynne, so hope you are feeling better by now!!! The housework will wait!!! Take care of yourself!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:54 PM   #6
lynne b

thanks for all of your thoughts. I still don't feel 100 % but better than the last 2 days. I had to go out today and check up on mom and couldnt wait to get back home. thank goodness i still have another week off from work.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:50 PM   #7
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better! A week to recover sounds like just what you need. I hope you feel 100% asap!
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:52 PM   #8
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Jaci was sick several days ago and she still doesn't feel the best. Her stomach still aches and she's not eating much. This stuff must really hang on.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:25 AM   #9
donna1990
Donating 4WT Addict

So happy that you were better, how are you today?
Old 12-30-2008, 07:31 AM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

My grandchildren have been floating this around between them for about a week, but not as bad as you Lynne.

Feel better soon. Jaci too, Diana.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 11:37 AM   #11
Janet

Lynne, saw you online earlier...how you doing girl? Has Keith come down with it yet? Everyone I know that has had this flu is passing it on to family members. Hope you're both feeling good!
Old 01-02-2009, 09:02 AM   #12
Ponyup

I had it the week before christmas. I was totally fine all day tuesday. and then tuesday night during dinner it hit me like a ton of bricks. Mostly head cold, but my stomach did not feel good. I only threw up once, but I didn't eat anything but soup & grilled cheese for 3 days. I was miserable wed. & thurs. at work & then thank goodness i already had friday scheduled off. I was feeling a lot better by sat.
Ponyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #13
lynne b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyup View Post
I had it the week before christmas. I was totally fine all day tuesday. and then tuesday night during dinner it hit me like a ton of bricks. Mostly head cold, but my stomach did not feel good. I only threw up once, but I didn't eat anything but soup & grilled cheese for 3 days. I was miserable wed. & thurs. at work & then thank goodness i already had friday scheduled off. I was feeling a lot better by sat.
I am sorry you didn't feel well either, it did seem to just come on all of a sudden.
I am feeling better as long as i watch what i eat. I have been doing alot of just sitting here in front of the computer. Only got till this Monday then it's back to work.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:01 PM   #14
Janet

Well you sounded good today when we spoke. At first I thought I woke you up, but after that you sounded normal....LOL...normal!!!!