4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 02-10-2009, 10:16 AM   #1
HALEY

More Cuts !!!

we just had a meeting here at work, bad enough they cut me down to 4 days a week, now there taking 5% of my pay and not matching our 401K's... i am so pissed right now... i could just walk the hell out of here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm sorry that your company is doing this to you but at least you still have a job. They could have started laying people off.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
Ponyup

I feel for you. That's happening here. I cut out all the overtime for hourly, which okay whatever. But they stopped matching our 401K, they've been cutting our insurance, laying lots of people, & if things don't change they will cut my husbands salary by 5% next quarter. We both work her so it double sucks. However, if I get laid off I'm going back to school to be a teacher. But like everyone says no matter how much it sucks a job is still a job.
Ponyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:01 PM   #4
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
I know how you feel, we are down to a skelton crew and they cut wages and shut down for 1 week already and told to expect more shut downs over the next couple of months. So far they haven't touched our 401k's thank goodness.

It's getting rough everywhere.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I know you are upset, but at least you still have a job. It could be so much worse. I feel so badly for everyone affected by the economy. It will get better, but it will take time.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #6
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Oh my Goodness...no wonder you are upset! That's scary stuff
Old 02-10-2009, 08:23 PM   #7
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

It's tough all over ladies. You've already heard my complaining. I had a booth in a trade show this evening and the talk was gloomy all over. When I'd ask someone how they are doing, the answer was usually, about the same as you are, none of the usual nicities. Everyone is so frustrated and basically afraid. The people who were smiling were just trying to be as positive as possible in a tough situation.

We're still all well fed. We have a comfortable home, a car to get us where we need to go, hot water. We have the people we love who love us, and a heavenly Father who loves us. Just keep hanging on, and things will eventually improve.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:30 AM   #8
HALEY

Hope everyone is right, it just sucks to live in a time like this. I wish they would have laid me off, i would be making more money on unemployement than what i am getting now, and i would go back to school .. and get the hell out of here!! That's for sure..
Old 02-11-2009, 07:49 AM   #9
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Be careful what you wish for Haley....it has a way of coming true and unemployment doesn't go on forever.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:43 AM   #10
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Be careful what you wish for Haley....it has a way of coming true and unemployment doesn't go on forever.
i know Janet, i just re read the min. from our meeting we had yesterday and now i'm pissed off again, i see the ceo and vp's are still getting there yearly bonus, now why?? i was calming down until i re-read everything.. That is not fair.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:58 AM   #11
Tiramisu

Janet, I'm with you on being careful what you ask for. I also like to "walk a mile in their shoes". Heck, the higher my position the more pay I expect. Some are extravagant, but what would you do if you were one of these CEOs?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #12
DianaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALEY View Post
i know Janet, i just re read the min. from our meeting we had yesterday and now i'm pissed off again, i see the ceo and vp's are still getting there yearly bonus, now why?? i was calming down until i re-read everything.. That is not fair.
You're right, that's not fair but since when do the CEO's and VP's worry about being fair? Don't let it ruin your day/week. Look at what you DO have and be thankful. Don't lose your joy!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #13
HALEY

Yep Diana, your right, I thank God, i have a roof over our heads, food in the house, and clothes on my back... what more could you ask for... we just have watch what we spend our money on until this whole mess is over with, make some sacrifices and move on, i'm sure alot of people are worse off than we are.
I'm just mad at the greediness of the rich that got us into this mess in the first place.
Sometimes i just can't believe what i am hearing on the radio or the tv, some people expect Obama to get us out of this mess, buy us houses, cars, that one lady wanted a new kitchen and bathroom and a new car.. i'm just at an awww at what i am hearing these days..... i think i'll call Obama and tell him i need a new job and house...
Old 02-11-2009, 11:25 AM   #14
DianaB

People's greed is what has gotten us in this mess, in my opinion. Everything from over-charging the government to having credit cards filled to the limit. I think that we're in a time of, hopefully, correction. We're going to learn that we don't have to have every new gadget that comes out and learn to live a little more within our means with some saved away for a rainy day. Unfortunately there's always going to be someone who thinks that they deserve more than everyone else. I figure that God is going to give everyone what they deserve one of these days and I'm going to be glad that I'm not in their shoes!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 11:42 AM   #15
HALEY

your right Diana, everyone wants to live like the "Jones" next door.
I have one cc to pay off this month, hopefully!!! and i'm done with the cc. if we can't pay cash we don't need it.
i cut down on alot of things lately, food, clothes etc, i'm even dying my own hair now... not doing a good job the grays keep coming thru but it's saving me alot of money... if we go out we go out on Sunday's buy one sandwich get one free he. he but there so good!!!
and we try to put so much away a month in our savings, "we all have rainy days" and hopefully if something breaks down we will have the money to fix it..
With everything happening right now, i hope the American people get there heads screwed on right, get themselves out of there debt they got into and start living within there means. If i can do it, on 1/2 my salary i know alot of people can do it....