4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Beauty & Fashion

Old 02-17-2009, 08:33 AM   #1
Ponyup

Shampoo

I'm looking to change my shampoo. Right now I'm on an Aveda shampoo from my salon, but it seems to make my hair dry & I seem to be getting product buildup. My hair is fine with curl to it. I used Pantene forever, but my stylist said that the cleanser in Pantene is the same thing they use to clean planes. I'm curious if anyone can recommend a good hydrating shampoo.
Ponyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
HALEY

my hairdresser said pantene is the worst shampoo you can use, i think he said it was high in alcohol, could be wrong,,, but maybe that's why your hair is dry, i switched to nexxus, shampoo and conditioner, love it..
Old 02-17-2009, 08:38 AM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I like the Aussie products. I tend to have dry hair and it seems to really help. Sometimes I'll switch it up some and use the PetSilk that I use for the dogs. Love it...on them and me...lol.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:45 AM   #4
Ponyup

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALEY View Post
my hairdresser said pantene is the worst shampoo you can use, i think he said it was high in alcohol, could be wrong,,, but maybe that's why your hair is dry, i switched to nexxus, shampoo and conditioner, love it..
I haven't used Pantene in years (at least 3 years). I use Aveda scalp benefits right now, which my scalp has never been better, but my hair could use some help.
Ponyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #5
HALEY

i really like nexxus - i use the shampoo and conditioner, i use styling glaze and nexxus leave on conditioner also, once a month i put a hair mask on my hair and put a shower cap on it for a couple of hours, which makes my hair very soft. and sometimes at night i'll put babyoil on the ends of my hair to try and stop spit ends or frizziness the next day...
Old 02-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I'm a cheapskate when it comes to shampoo for myself. I use Suave but buy my daughter stuff that is more expensive.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:14 AM   #7
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

A good shampoo to get rid of build up is the Tea Tree shampoo - it may be the Paul Mitchell brand (I'm so bad, I just pick it up at the beauty shop at Walmart - it's in a green bottle. LOL!). It will get rid of any buildup that you have. Some people only use it once a week or so - I use it everyday as my hair is very oily (yes, even post menopause) and I have used it everyday for years. I use both root lifter and hairspray on my hair everyday and need something to control the buildup of those products.

I don't have a clue about a good moisturizing shampoo, I stay AWAY from them!
Old 02-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #8
Tiramisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaB View Post
I'm a cheapskate when it comes to shampoo for myself. I use Suave but buy my daughter stuff that is more expensive.
Daina, I do the same thing.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:26 PM   #9
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I didnt know about Pantene I use it once in awhile. I buy cheap shampoo and expensive ones.. Depends I try them all. They use to say you should switch shampoos regulary. Who knows!
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:06 AM   #10
highlans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I like the Aussie products. I tend to have dry hair and it seems to really help. Sometimes I'll switch it up some and use the PetSilk that I use for the dogs. Love it...on them and me...lol.
I use Aussie product as well, have to hide from my other half as he will use a whole bottle on his croped short hair. As my hair is straight and grey it really helps with the dryness.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:15 AM   #11
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
I didnt know about Pantene I use it once in awhile. I buy cheap shampoo and expensive ones.. Depends I try them all. They use to say you should switch shampoos regulary. Who knows!
Gina i used Pantene for years until my stylist told me about it, or should i say yelled at me,, i still love my nexxus, used that for a good while now, i switch sometimes to Ion shampoo's, we have a Sally's beauty shop where i am a member and i get discounts there and watch there sales, nexxus is expensive but i buy the big pumps they last a good while.. especially the conditioner cause Mike don't use conditioner just the shampoo, now i see some wal marts are selling nexxus products as well..
Old 02-19-2009, 05:53 AM   #12
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Diana, Suave isn't so bad. I still have a bottle of that and the conditioner. It makes my hair nice too. I just switch shampoos every so often, but much prefer the Aussie for myself.

To get rid of build up, I use to use Prell. We always said we needed to "Prell it out." Not sure if they still sell that or not....it was very harsh on the hair to use it too often.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:53 AM   #13
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I use Live Clean because I'm an environmental freak http://www.live-clean.com/index2.swf It's not expensive and I can buy it at Walmart! And it smells good

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote