4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 02-21-2009, 09:10 AM   #1
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Women's group

I have been feeling very lonely here lately. I lost most of my friends when I broke up with Kyle - they were his friends first. My other friends have been busy with their own lives. I still hang out with a couple of guy friends sometimes, but I can't even remember the last time I went out for coffee with a girl. I can't remember the last time I was able to just go have girl talk for a night. Scott has a ton of great friends, but I'm not going to make that mistake again, to become part of his group, and then risk losing everyone if I lose him (but I hope I don't!). I love his friends and hanging out with them, but I need my own group on top of that. I hate it when I let him go out for a night with his friends and I'm sitting at home alone... and I know he hates it too. He feels guilty, but he shouldn't!
So this morning I searched and found an ad from a 29 year old woman who said she moved here two years ago and has had trouble meeting women and making friendships, so she wanted to start a group for women who are new to the city. I replied and said I'm not exactly NEW but I have definitely had trouble meeting people now that I'm out of college and not big into the bar scene etc. She replied already and invited me to the facebook group (with 13 other members ). She is planning a supper in early March so we can all meet each other.
I think this might be a really good thing for me

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

That's exactly what I did after I moved up here. I also found a women's' group, met them, and there are several women I could be friends with. It worked out for me.

I'm sure it will work out for you too. Good luck Lindsey.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Sounds like a great idea. I wish I had a woman's group here. My ideal would be to meet once a month and go out for dinner and girl talk. It would be so nice to visit different restaurants and just get to know each other and learn new things.

I hope you and Judy both have a great time with these women's goups.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:12 AM   #4
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Sounds like a great idea. I wish I had a woman's group here. My ideal would be to meet once a month and go out for dinner and girl talk. It would be so nice to visit different restaurants and just get to know each other and learn new things.

I hope you and Judy both have a great time with these women's goups.
Why don't you start one Janet? I just found this one in a free internet classified ad, and it looks like that's how most of the other people found it too!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #5
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

That sounds like it would be a lot of fun!! I hope that you meet a lot of women and have a good time!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote