4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 03-03-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm annoyed!

I know full well that what is annoying me is so totally unimportant considering what people are going through in these rough times, but I'm still annoyed.

I've been trying to wind up my online shopping for the house. I am really sick of spending my days online looking for curtains, chairs, etc. and the best prices. I feel guilty complaining because there are people who are out of work and being foreclosed.

I got a great buy on a floor mirror/jewelry cabinet on eBay. It's a QVC item and was damaged. I paid 99 cents for it and about $33.00 for S&H. I opened it yesterday, and saw that the damage was no big deal at all, but the mirror was shattered! I emailed the seller re collecting the insurance so that I can at least get my postage back. Of course, he didn't email me back.

I ordered a small rug for somewhere in the house, and it really is cheaply made. I can give it to Mackenzie though. It is perfect for a teen room.

I ordered what I thought were gorgeous curtains for the bedroom. They aren't gorgeous in my room, so I am returning them. I found other curtains - I hope they will be good.

I ordered a "big girl" pink collar with a crystal heart for Annie. It came today, and it is so pretty - but it's blue. I called the seller and left a message.

I had bought a refurb computer about 4 months ago. It worked when I got it, but it just freezes now. I emailed the seller to see if he could fix it. I would have paid him. I figured he would be familiar with the computer since he had worked on it. Got no answer.

And then there are the dog steps for the couch, which is missing a part and is honestly a piece of junk. I'm waiting for the part and for Steve to put it together for me.

Oh, and Steve was supposed to come do the rest of the work a couple or three weeks ago. He hasn't come yet, and I don't want to make waves and be pushy about pinning him down to when. I guess I'll work through Jessie and just be patient. He's very stressed because he can't find work. I feel reallyt bad for him, but I would like to be done with this work.

Okay.....I feel a lot better now. I still don't think my problems are worth more than this post, but I just needed to vent.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Ya know Judy, it's called "pileup" when little things pileup, they can become one big pain! You've had a BUNCH of little things go haywire - not good! It's so discouraging how so many people seem to have no concern for others. Some people go out of their way to help others, some people go out of their way to screw others, it's very sad!
Old 03-04-2009, 04:15 AM   #3
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Aw Judy, I feel bad for ya. I know when I'm trying to get things totally done...the little things that get in the way are a pain. I know you're an avid online shopper, but those are the reasons I don't do that much shopping online....except at Christmas and from store sites. Too much of a hassle to return or get someone to respond. Would rather just pay a little more as long as it's not too much.

Hope you're feeling better now that you vented. That's what we're here for...to help each other feel better.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:21 AM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Sorry, Judy, that you're having so many problems. It's annoying enough to have just one but to have so many can really be a headache.

As for collecting insurance on your mirror/jewelry box, I think that you'll be disappointed. I hardly ever buy insurance from the post office on my e-bay purchases any more. I had a lid on a canister set come in broken and I could either collect on just the lid (price + shipping divided by the number of items in the box/8) or I could give them the whole set and collect it all. What good is a canister set with the lid to a middle canister broken? I went around and around with our postmistress. Believe me I was very fustrated!! You can't keep your item and collect your insurance.

Good luck with getting everything straightened out. I know that it's fustrating!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #5
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Judy it is ok to vent.. We all need to unload our frustrations at times. That is one reason I do not shop on ebay anymore . No one gives a hoot , too many scam artists out there. I feel for you , yes the economy is bad , and there are worse situations out there, but you have every right to complain. After all your paying for the merchandise , so you should receive what you paid for..

As far as your SIL are you paying him for the work ? If so then yes , he should be finishing up especially if he is not working or doing any other jobs. I know you don't want to make waves and you are right by complaining to your daughter..

I hope everything gets settled.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:17 PM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thanks everyone. It is pileup! I'm glad it has a name. There are more annoyances, and some good outcomes.

The new curtains are beautiful!

The mirror guy is putting in an insurance claim for me.

The dog stairs people sent me the missing part. The steps are still crap.

I finally started a resolution thing with Paypal and Yahoo about Annie's collar person not responding. She answered me real fast and is sending out a new pink one. She said I can have the blue one for 1/2 price. I don't need it, so I'm returning it.

I ordered a refigerator part (for the door shelf) and it was the wrong size. I called and to make a long story short, I'm getting the right part and still have to pay S&H for it because the part I ordered was also wrong. It just doesn't sound right to me, but I did not want to spend the energy to get involved for $6.95.

I decided to try and remove the mirror from the stand, I can probably replace it with a cheap mirror from the hardware store. I just have to be super careful removing the glass. I think I'll take it outside, far from the houses, with heavy gloves on and a box for the pieces.

The computer guy is an idiot, along with the judge, the anti-pet people, and the taxidermed coyote guy. I sent the computer down to my cousin and he's going to look at it.

I am paying Steve to do the work, Gayle. My daughter also doesn't want to start with him. He works himself into a "state" when things are going wrong, and needs to work it out himself. It's a shame, but I put all of the boxes of things I have ready for him out of the way and have decided to not worry about it. I have finished shopping and I can relax now.

Here's the mirror -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg !BN3,TzQCGk~$(KGrHgoH-CYEjlLl8jjFBJry)CSQ2Q~~_0.JPG (1.6 KB, 8 views)

judy is offline   Reply With Quote