4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Career

Old 03-19-2009, 03:13 AM   #1
AngieDoogles
Donating 4WT 4000 Club Member

LONG day ahead!

Today I am traveling 4 hours to meet/interview a child on my caseload. On the way back we have to go a little out of our way to meet/interview another child...which will make for another 5 hours or so on the way back. I will be traveling ALL day long. I hope I don't get home too late, but you never know. Hopefully I'll do a good job with the interviews. I'm really nervous! (If I could tell you the backgrounds of the children, you'd understand why I'm nervous, they are some very difficult cases.)

I hope you ladies are doing well. I've missed chatting with you lately!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
AngieDoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:56 AM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I understand what you are facing - it is very difficult. I have never been able to work with children, it is too upsetting for me. I can't even stand it when they are sick, let alone when they have been mistreated, or in a difficult situation.

Good luck! That's a lot of traveling!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 09:19 AM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Be safe with all of your driving around. It would be so hard to hear children talk about being abused. I'm not sure that I could handle it. I hope that the cases aren't too difficult for you.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:14 PM   #4
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

We've missed you, too! I'm so thankful there are people like you that can stand up for the children that need help the most. Be careful, and let us know when you are home safe and sound!
Old 03-19-2009, 04:15 PM   #5
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Angie I hope that you are back home safe and sound after a tiresome day. Whatever mishaps those poor children are dealing with they found a friend in you. God Bless...
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:46 AM   #6
AngieDoogles

Thanks everyone. I made it back in one piece. The longest trip got canceled due to a miscommunication about renting the state car. They thought we wanted on the 18th when the email clearly said the 19th. So there were no cars available yesterday. Instead, we did visits around here and then went to the place we were going to stop on the way back from the long trip. It was about an hour and half away, so not too bad. That meeting went way better than anyone had hoped. It was uplifting to say the least.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~MT
Old 03-20-2009, 06:04 AM   #7
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

I am glad that your meeting was uplifting ! Hopefully something good will come out of it.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:10 PM   #8
AngieDoogles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina View Post
I am glad that your meeting was uplifting ! Hopefully something good will come out of it.
I really hope so too Gina. It's so rewarding when things go well.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

That's a hard job! You are so perfect for these children Angie.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote