4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > Fun & Health Talk > Health & Diet

Old 06-30-2009, 03:11 AM   #1
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Out of surgery

And i must say i feel so much better , i still have some numbness in the hill & my little toe and the one right next to it but about the only pain i have is in the insicion (sp) itself. I was up all day yesterday and didn't sleep much last night not because of anything inpaticluar just couldn't sleep. So glad that is over with, think i will try to sleep this afternoon.....Lynne
Old 06-30-2009, 03:14 AM   #2
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Lynne, so glad to hear from you and that you are feeling better!!!! Praying that you heal very quickly and that all is successful!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:34 AM   #3
Tiramisu

GET WELL SOON
Old 06-30-2009, 06:56 AM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Lynne, I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling so good!! I've been praying for you!!! Don't try to do too much quite yet!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:20 AM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Gosh! I'm so glad to hear from you!!! I didn't think you would be able to be up and around this quickly - I guess the new surgical techniques are GREAT!!!

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing so well! Keep up the good progress!
Old 06-30-2009, 06:46 PM   #6
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

That's awesome!!! I'm so glad your pain is gone! I hope your incision heals quickly
Old 07-01-2009, 02:46 AM   #7
lynne b

Thank you everyone for the nice comments. I am still feeling pretty good, just alittle numbness in my foot and the incision of course but other than that not much to complain about. I am getting alittle bored because i can't do much, not being able to lift anything more than 10lbs really limit's what you can do, so i just try to keep things picked up. Thanks again for all of your thoughts.....Lynne
Old 07-01-2009, 03:47 AM   #8
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Lynne! I am just tickled pink to hear that you are doing do well! I am always so thankful when medical procedures do what they are supposed to!!! Especially in your case where you've had so many issues with medical care adn your mom - I know you are so relieved to have all of your surgery behind you and so am I.

I hope you continue to feel better and better and better. How long do you get to stay off work? I hope a good long time till you can fully recover!
Old 07-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #9
2tiredmom

Lynne,

So glad to hear your doing better. Hope you keep up the healing.
Your in my prayers too. Don't over do.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #10
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

It sounds like the surgery was a success. I hope the incision pain has let up.

You really should lie down on the couch with the remote and do nothing for a while. The mess in the house will wait for you, for sure.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:44 PM   #11
lynne b

Quote:
Originally Posted by judy View Post
It sounds like the surgery was a success. I hope the incision pain has let up.

You really should lie down on the couch with the remote and do nothing for a while. The mess in the house will wait for you, for sure.
having 7 dogs is like having 7 toddlers in the house (no worse LOL) and 1 of them is expecting anytime now!!!
really i am feeling pretty good, i haven't even taken any pain meds today, but i am taking it easy and hubby has been a great help when he gets home from work....Thanks Lynne
Old 07-03-2009, 06:54 AM   #12
DianaB

Just take care of yourself and don't over-do!!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 07-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #13
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I went and picked up Lynne and we went to Lafayette today. She was getting so bored and I could tell just a little down...so I took her away from her house....her dogs....and hubby. I made the poor girl wait while I tried on clothes at CATO's. Finally made it there and found a lot of nice things. Lynne picked out a few things that were really cute for me too. Don't know what I'd have done without her. I made sure she didn't overdo it. We also ate at lunch at a Chinese Restaurant....very good.

Went back to her house to trim Sadie up for her expected whelping and now she's done.

Lynne still moves a little slow, but she's doing great. I think as long as she doesn't overdo it....she'll be fine. She did some walking today, but said she needed to do that.

I really had a great day.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #14
lynne b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I went and picked up Lynne and we went to Lafayette today. She was getting so bored and I could tell just a little down...so I took her away from her house....her dogs....and hubby. I made the poor girl wait while I tried on clothes at CATO's. Finally made it there and found a lot of nice things. Lynne picked out a few things that were really cute for me too. Don't know what I'd have done without her. I made sure she didn't overdo it. We also ate at lunch at a Chinese Restaurant....very good.

Went back to her house to trim Sadie up for her expected whelping and now she's done.

Lynne still moves a little slow, but she's doing great. I think as long as she doesn't overdo it....she'll be fine. She did some walking today, but said she needed to do that.

I really had a great day.
Thanks so much Janet for getting me out, It really did me some good, and the Dr did say walking was good for me. I did lay down for just alittle while but i am good to go know.
I hope you enjoy your new clothes you got, they looked so good on you and Cato's did have so many cute clothes to pick from. Now you will know where to go when you need some more clothes, (like a winter clothes).

And thanks so much for trimming Sadie up, it's beyond me why I have dog's that need their hair taken care of the way they do and i hate doing hair as you can tell by my own hair, I wash it and go, have even stopped coloring it because it is just to much of a hassel.
All i need to do is bath Sadie and she's ready to have her pups, she is having 2 this time (last year she had 1) and by the xray one of them is a whopper so hopefully she will not have any problems having it. She free whelped a 7oz one last year.
Thanks again Janet and i do owe you...Lynne
Old 07-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #15
DianaB

I'm so glad that you girls were able to get out for awhile!!! I'm excited that you finally made it to Cato's, Janet! I just knew that you'd love it and their prices aren't bad either!!!

Lynne, I'm so happy to hear that you were up to going out for awhile! I'm sure that it made your day to go and do something special with Janet. And, I'm glad to hear that you didn't over-do. It sounds like your dog is almost ready for whelping. It shouldn't be too hard to get the rest done. I sure wish that I lived close enough that I could have went with you guys!!! Maybe some day.....

After I stop laughing!!!