4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 10-06-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I've had it.......

I had Karlie this morning and I sure don't know what her problem was but she was just awful. I tried to leave the tv off so she could find something else to do but, I don't know, you just had to be here. It's a good thing that I only watched her a half day today!!!

Oh, she did color with one of those Crayola pages where the markers only work on the special paper. She dropped the lid to one of the markers but then couldn't find it. We went in the living room and looked all over in case Jazzi had carried it off. I looked all over the kitchen and under the stove, just in case. Then, get this, I pulled out the drawer by where she was at and it had jumped in underneath the drawer. So then I had to clean under there because it was so dirty.......who cleans underneath of their kitchen cabinet drawers?......Well, I guess that I do......now!!!

Then I'm having trouble with fleas again so I decided to give the dogs a bath (I didn't see one, not one, flea!) I hardly ever clip Reuger's nails because he puts up such a fight but he really needs them trimmed. So.....I decided that the mood I was in I could do it. I barely took anything off but I still managed to make one bleed. I thought that it was under control so I put Reuger down to bathe Jazzi.......Reuger bled on the carpet! Then I had to take my little bottle of spray and crawl all over the carpet to find all the little blood stains.

I sure hope this day gets better!! I was going to say that it can't get any worse, but it can so I'm not even going to go there. I'm just having a bad day.

Lord, I know that I'm being grouchy today and I'm so sorry. Thank you for the little girl that you've brought into my life and give me wisdom and patience in dealing with her.

Thank you that I have a nice kitchen, nice cabinets, and that I found the marker cap. You know that I would have gone crazy looking for it all day.

Thank you for my little dogs, even when they put up a fight when they really don't need to.

Please make the rest of my day pleasant and guide me in what I do and what I say. I praise you so much!!!--Amen

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:52 AM   #2
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Oh Diana I feel for you and I've had the same kind of day!!! I need to go to the other side of the city this evening and I think I'm buying a bottle of wine on my way home I would suggest a nice glass of wine for you too!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:53 AM   #3
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Amen
Old 10-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #4
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Hey Diana, does Karlie have any Veggie Tales videos to watch?
Old 10-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #5
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

My granddaughter used to watch Veggie Tales too!

I have days like this too, they are just not with 3 year olds! LOL! I'm sorry you had yours, but I bet tomorrow is better!
Old 10-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #6
DianaB

I don't have any Veggie Tales Videos, Betsi.

Gayle, Dae Lynn's been complaining about Karlie's behavior but I really hadn't seen it. This morning I think that I finally got to see what she was talking about. Personally, I think that it's pre-baby problems. I always had problems with my kids when they knew a baby was coming.

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 04:24 AM   #7
Tiramisu

Diana, I hope today's better for you and Karlie. I wish we knew what makes them act out. Sarah, my 2-yo g-daughter, has decided that she's the designated daycare biter. We've never had a biter, so this is painfully new to us.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:02 AM   #8
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I do hope you have a better day today Diana. I've had days like you described, but thankfully not for awhile. So hard to have patience and not be crabby when one thing after another just 'bites.'
Old 10-07-2009, 06:05 AM   #9
paula1961

Sorry you had a bad day yesterday Diana, did you forget that they go from the terrible twos to the horrible threes? If you have her today, she's probably being a little angel That was such a nice prayer Have a wonderful day!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:42 AM   #10
DianaB

So far, so good!!! Of course, she just got here!!!! LOL Naptime is coming up so what can be better than that!!!

After I stop laughing!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #11
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Good luck today Diana!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:13 PM   #12
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

What a day you had Diana! 3 year olds can be difficult!!! You will get through it. I just hope it is easier for yoiu, especiallty with the new baby coming. Have you tried any of the "the new baby is coming and I'm jealous books?" Maybe she can make her own book with you.

We got Mackenzie quite a few books when Brandon was coming. She still hated him, because he was a boy and she wanted a sister. She didn't sell him or give him away, and now loves him. All things come to those who wait.

I JUST LOVE YOUR PRAYER!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:04 PM   #13
DianaB

Today was much better. Getting some new baby books would be a good idea.

You know that for all of my grumblings I really have so much to be thankful for. I just need to keep things in perspective. I look around at other families and then look at mine and I am so very blessed. Also, I believe that talking to God is as easy as talking to a good friend. I don't have to use thou's......thee's.......or any other old fashioned words.

After I stop laughing!!!