4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 12-13-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I was stood up!!!

I met this guy, Gary, in October. My friend Debbie went over to his studio to pick out a table and discuss price with him. He does the most amazing woodworking I have ever seen! I went with her, and he took us on a tour of his house to show us his work. He has lovely green eyes, and there was chemistry between us, so I asked him if he would like to get together for dinner some time. He doesn't like to eat out. He prefers his own cooking because then he knows what he is eating. He also wanted me to read his poetry, since I belong to a writers' group. It sounded like he just wanted to get me alone in his house. I didn't call him, and Debbie told me a couple of weeks ago that he had asked her for my number, which he had lost.

He called early this week, we talked for about 1/2 hour, and he asked me if I wanted to get together over the weekend. It was a nice conversation. We decided on dinner and a movie, and he was going to call me and let me know what was playing in Kingston.

I figured he meant Saturday night. I really didn't want to go because I realized that he really is not what I want. I was going to tell him that I couldn't make it because I had to babysit. It can get messy if you go out with someone and don't want to see them again, and I have no use for complications in my life. I also do not want to hurt anybody's feelings.

Seems I had nothing to worry about. Saturday came and went, and I still haven't heard from him! Actually, I am glad because now I am completely off the hook, but I do think it's rude of him not to call with some kind of excuse. I think I can officially consider that I was stood up.

Onto the next man!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

LOL! Judy! You are so funny! You are right though, in a smallish area, it's best not to start something with someone you probably won't want to see again. Good idea - just didn't quite work the way you thought it would! LOL! Isn't it funny how things work out the way they are supposed to!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:25 AM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Gayle, it always amazes me that things do work out just the right way!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #4
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I don't know whether to be happy or sad. I'm happy that you finally found a possible someone.......and sad that it didn't work out. Keep looking!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
It sure was rude of him not to call. It would have been the nice thing to do. At least you already knew he wasn't the right one. Keep looking....the right ones out there. Sure wish I would have found the right one......LOLOL
Old 12-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #6
paula1961

It was very rude of him not to call you! Oh well Judy...like you said...On to the next one It was his loss!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:07 PM   #7
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

You have good instincts Judy!! Just stick with them and you'll find a really nice guy when you least expect it!
Old 12-14-2009, 02:09 PM   #8
DIANE W

Judy

Do you know something like that happened to me in my younger days, when i was free - many many many years ago....

I liked this person for ages, he eventually asked me out and i said yes........ then i worried and fretted myself over it, i too really didnt want anything to do with him, and it really bothered me, how i was going to get out of it?????

Then he called made up some mad excuse, but i knew he didnt want to know me - was i relieved????????????

No i was so miffed, and bothered about it - even though i didnt want to know him either.

Cant get my head around it even now - guess there is truth in the saying - You always want what you cant have -

I believe that when the time is right, Mr Right will come along, but make sure you have fun looking !!!!!!!

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:23 PM   #9
Shada

Well if you ever had any doubt about what kind of man he is, you found out!
Very rude of him to call and then not to call back to explain.

Like you said.. on to the next one! This one is a jerk it appears.
Shada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #10
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

All I can say his how RUDE and what NERVE!!!

Judy honey his loss!!! You will meet someone special in the new year .
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #11
spiritwings1202

He hasn't had a date with you and already showing flaws within himself!
You are better off and he lost a chance.......he blew it and there is someone better out there for you!!
Guys can be such Fools at times.