4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Vent!

Old 02-28-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
Here I Go Again.......

Ricky went to work last night and called me crying and very upset. He was fired. I just told him to come on home and we'd talk. I felt so bad for him. This coming August, Ricky would have been there 3 years. He really liked working there too. His job was in the back and he would have to price items, load and unload trucks and take donations.

He has never been disciplined either in all the time he's worked there until this new female boss came. She wrote him up once in January and again this month. Then she fired him.

Now he's going to have to find another job and quickly if that is possible. He has a small car payment, insurance and school. His father and I just don't have the extra so I'm not sure how this is going to end. I'm already stressed the way it is with Mom and being very unhappy in this marriage.

Mom talked me into doing her taxes...I didn't want to...so now I have that to do and then do ours. Guess I need to get busy. Ladies....I honestly don't know how much more I can take. I wanted so badly to get my teeth fixed and cleaned and now I feel bad because there just isn't enough money. Why does everything have to cost something. Wish we could barter, I'd gladly trade some things.

Sorry to vent again...I just feel like I'm losing my freak'n mind.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #2
DIANE W

Ah Janet i am so sorry this has happened to Rick, i know i am the same with my daughter - we just want to go and sort out everything in their lives to make things right again for them!!!

It really annoys me when we bring our kids up to be honest, reliable, friendly, work hard etc, only to get s... on.

I know its going to be tough for him to get another job especially in these rough times, but i am sure he will be ok.

It is really hard with everything else you have going on, it must seem like - what next??????

All i can say is keep positive and take each day at a time, there are lots of people going through tough times, all you can do is your best - no nore and no less!!!!

Sending you a big hug, i am going to be thinking of you, and sending you my very best wishes.

Your time will come Janet - when you will only have to worry about trivial things and pleasing yourself.

XXXX

My Mottos are....
Just live for today..... and let tomorrow take care of itself

Live each day as if it's your last - and hope that tomorrow you wake up to find that it wasn't
DIANE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
Janet

Thank you so much Diane...you're are so sweet.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:34 PM   #4
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

Janet, you HAVE to get your teeth fixed!! Don't you dare feel guilty about that for one second! It's not like it's a luxury or something. You have a plan and you MUST stick to it!

Ricky will find another job. I'm so sorry he got fired after working there so long. 2 1/2 years is a long time when you are a teenager! Whew...grown son tears are hard to take...

Hang on tight Janet. This too shall pass!
Old 02-28-2010, 05:09 PM   #5
paula1961

Janet, I am so sorry that Ricky lost his job. Hopefully he will find another one really soon.

You have had so much on you lately. Things have a way of working themselves out but in the meantime it just sucks. I am sending hugs and prayers to you Janet. And btw vent all you want! We are here for you just as you always are for us!!
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:20 AM   #6
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Poor Ricky! I'm sure he is an excellent worker too! It is so hard when our children are hurt. Hopefully, he will find another good job right away.

I know you feel crushed under all of these things. I am praying for you, Janet, and you are in my heart.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:39 AM   #7
Janet

Thanks everyone....some times I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. I know it will get better....but I have to say that right now....IT SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 04:59 PM   #8
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I'm so sorry Janet! It just seems like it is one thing after another. I'm really sorry for Ricky! I don't know why some people just seem to be so mean and unfair. I hope he finds another job soon, it's tough, I can just imagine.

Sometimes there just feels like too much stress. When that happens to me, I just have to quit thinking about things, I just force myself to not think - I would go crazy if I did!

BIG HUGS!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #9
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Things always have a way of working out.....it's just that sometimes it's very hard on us parents!!! There's probably a better job out there for Ricky anyway!!! Maybe even something to help him get in his field of work. Don't be discouraged!! God never closes a door without opening a window!!!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #10
Janet

Thanks ladies. I know I stress about things a little much, but you are all mothers and when it comes to someone making our kids (adult of child) cry....I want to go after them...lol. Hurt me....but don't hurt my boy.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #11
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

I can understand that completely. I'm the same way.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:37 AM   #12
Janet

I know!!! I love being a mother as I'm sure you do, but this protective thing can really get to us. Good thing I don't like violence....LOL
Old 03-02-2010, 04:49 PM   #13
paula1961

I know exactly how you all feel about someone hurting my kids!! Mess with me but don't MESS with my babies!!!!!!!!!!!! That gets all kinds of emotions started lol.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:01 AM   #14
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Janet, vent all you want. I will add Ricky to my prayer list that he gets an even better job very very soon. I know it's frustrating when things like this happen to our babies.

We've had a lot of little issues lately from outside forces on our family and it's been very upsetting at times. Mostly little things, but they add up and add worry to our lives.

Hang in there!! We all love you!!!
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #15
Janet

Thank you for the offer of prayer for Ricky. He's been looking, but finding something part-time while he goes to school isn't going to be easy I'm afraid. Just have to wait and see I guess.

I did make the decision to go ahead with having my teeth worked on. It's not a luxury....it's needed! So there's one decision made....LOL.

As far as the taxes...still haven't started on them yet...but I will....hopefully soon.