4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 03-22-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Wonderful Sunday!

My cousin Lynn and her hubby came up yesterday for a few hours, and it was just so wonderful to see them and have them here!

Lynn is my kid cousin, although she is only 2 years younger than me. She keeps reminding me of that, but I tell her that she is just a child! We were very close growing up, and throughout the years. Then, we stopped talking for a long time. I honestly couldn't tell you exactly why. I do know that she was mad at me, but it's all water under the bridge now. When we started talking last year, I decided not to ask her why, and all she said was that it was in the past.

We talk on the phone every couple of weeks, and they decided to come visit for the day. We sat and talked, and ate, and talked some more. We took some pictures and it was a really great day.

I am so grateful to have her back in my life again. I love her so much! There is something so special about close cousins! We all lived together until I was around 4 years old, so I think of her and my cousin Ronny kind of as siblings.

Life is good!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
That's great Judy. I'm happy that you got to spend quality time with your cousin and her husband. I grew up with my cousin living right across the street for a long time. Then they moved to the country. I still love to see her. Her hubby's kind of weird...lol...but that's okay.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:44 AM   #3
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Yeah - my cousin's husband is kind of weird too

Old 03-23-2010, 06:59 AM   #4
paula1961

I'm so glad you had a good visit with your cousin Judy! It's always nice to spend some time with family that you are close with. Glad your problem with her is in the past. Isn't it funny how we tend to forget why we are upset after a while? Must not have been too important huh?
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:59 AM   #5
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

I'm glad you and your cousin were able to get past your past! It was nice of you to have them to visit. Glad you had fun!!
Old 03-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

How nice that you and your cousin were able to reconnect again!!! I'm sure that you had a wonderful time catching up on everything!! And you know that food always has to be nearby in any gathering!!!! I'm glad that you had a good time!

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:08 PM   #7
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula1961 View Post
I'm so glad you had a good visit with your cousin Judy! It's always nice to spend some time with family that you are close with. Glad your problem with her is in the past. Isn't it funny how we tend to forget why we are upset after a while? Must not have been too important huh?

It is so true Paula! It was so important once, and now I don't even know what it was about! We do waste precious time we could have spent with our loved ones out of anger or hurt, but that's the way people are!

Old 03-24-2010, 05:12 PM   #8
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Judy! How wonderful that you have reconnected with your cousin and that she came to visit. That must have been so much fun for you to have family come visit! You live in such a gorgeous setting and home, I know she loved seeing it.

I am very close to my cousins. They are 3 sisters, and I didn't have any siblings (except for step siblings later in life and they were way older than me) so these 3 cousins were the closest thing to sisters I ever had. The youngest who is closest to me in age and I talk on FB or email about every day. And I talk to her sisters about once a month. We visit back and forth at least once or twice a year. They are about the only extended family (on my side) that I am still connected to.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:41 AM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

I don't have any siblings either Gayle. My cousins and my aunt have become a big priority. Since my parents are both gone, I feel that I have to keep an eye on everyone even more so!

Old 03-25-2010, 04:01 PM   #10
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
My sister was a lot older than I am. We were just getting to know each other as adult siblings when cancer took her. Glad I still have my brothers even though I'm only close to my older one. You're very blessed Judy to have reconnected with her.