4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > Relationships

Old 06-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Movie Night

A week ago, an old friend from back home asked me if I'd like to go to a movie with her. It couldn't have come at a better time! I needed a night out badly. So we decided we'd go see Sex and the City 2 last night. Scott agreed to drop me off there, and take Layla to his friend's house for a visit while I enjoyed a movie with an old friend! We used to be close when we were young, but lost touch after high school. She lives in the city now so I thought it would be great to catch up! I was so glad she contacted me!

Well, yesterday I had posted on Facebook that I was excited for our movie night, and I got a text from my old roommate asking if she can come too. I couldn't say no, but I knew exactly how it was going to turn out, and I was right....

The two of them were at a movie together, and I was following them around. My old roommate would start conversations like "Remember when we talked about this when we went for coffee last week?" and it really seemed like she was rubbing in my face that they hang out more than I do, or they are better friends than I am... I don't know it just seemed very rude and very awkward. The other girl would try to make conversation with me but the old roommate would jump in and take over the conversation. When she asked how I like living in our new town I told her I loved it, and she said she was looking at houses in that area too, my old roommate jumped in and said you have to think about what side of the city you work in, so she'd be better off living somewhere out the other side and it would be just as cheap. Anyway, the movie started and I really enjoyed it, although I felt like I was watching by myself while they whispered together.

I was glad to have a couple of hours away from Scott and Layla and other responsibilities, but it really felt like I was blasted back to high school I think maybe I will have to get in touch with her again and plan to go for coffee one night or something, and DON'T mention it on Facebook!

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
paula1961

I would have felt so out of place. And I just hate feeling that way. Hopefully next time it will just be the two of you girls and you won't have to feel like you are back in high school!
But I am very happy that you got to get a night out from everything that is happening right now. I'm just sorry that you didn't enjoy it much.
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

I'm so sorry it didn't turn out to be a fabulous night but hey at least you enjoyed the movie.

And don't feel bad, the other girl is just jealous for whatever reason maybe even scared. Don't le it bother you.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Three is a crowd! Is this the roommate you lived with before the condo? Wasn't she a wacko then too?

At least you got out and enjoyed the movie. I think calling her for coffee is a good idea if you keep it off fb.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:43 PM   #5
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Lol yes, it's the same one from before the condo. She has always been that way, and I was glad to get away from it when I moved. She's fine to hang out with alone, but in a group she needs to be the centre of attention, and that gets old fast. I'm not exactly an attention-seeker so at times like that I tend to just fall back and get ignored. Oh well

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Old 06-12-2010, 07:14 AM   #6
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

That was really rude of the girl to ask if she could come. My daughter had a friend like that and she almost always ruined every evening out or what ever they did. Well, you certainly learned a lesson.......don't post what you're going to do on FB......wait and post AFTER you've already done it!!! At least you got some time away from home and was able to relax a little.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:21 AM   #7
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
There seems to always be someone like that in everyone's life. It was rude of her to ask. The only thing I can think of to say about that is if it ever happens again...tell them you were not the one in charge if inviting people that she should contact the other person. Maybe the other person was tired of her too and wanted to do something with you instead.

Sorry your time out wasn't quite what you expected, but at least you had time away from things.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:02 AM   #8
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

Yeah, there are always certain people I need to keep in the dark about my plans and one more just got added to my list!