4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > My Pictures & Videos!

Old 07-04-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

My Abi

My Abigail is growing up so fast! She will be 14 in September - hard to believe. Here are some pictures she took of herself this week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Abi1.jpg (44.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Abi2.jpg (41.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Abi3.jpg (55.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Abi4.jpg (51.2 KB, 9 views)
Old 07-05-2010, 04:09 AM   #2
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
She's beautiful Gayle. What kinds of things is she interested in?
Old 07-05-2010, 05:51 AM   #3
paula1961

She is soooo pretty Gayle!!! My granddaughter is 13 too. I swear.......is it just me or do they look like they are 20 when they are really just young teenagers anymore????
paula1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:59 AM   #4
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Gayle she is a beautiful girl and she does not look 14, your daughter is probably beating the guys away from her door. lol
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:54 AM   #5
lynne b

Send a message via Yahoo to lynne b
Gayle, she's a beautiful girl.....the young girls do look so much older now a days.
I have a thirteen yr old g-daughter also and her mom is watching her close.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:23 PM   #6
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

Thanks for all the kind words about Abi. She is very pretty (she looks like her DAD!) and she is a very smart and fun girl.

LOL! Yes, her folks DO have to beat the boys off with a stick. Fortunately, she is not (yet) boy crazy. She enjoys the attention, but has not settled on one just yet.

I'll have to say her mom is "up her butt" all the time! LOL! What I mean is that my daughter is a stay at home mom, so she is the volleyball team mom which means she is at every practice. Her house is THE place for everyone to come and my daughter knows all her friends and is generally "there" all the time. She is very involved in all her activities - and of course, is so lucky to not be working - which would preclude such involvement.

My daughter says she thinks it is more important to be home and know what is going on at all times with teenagers than it is to be home with the preschooler. I'll say I have to agree. Abi seems fine with her mom knowing everything that is going on (well of course, I'm sure she doesn't know everything!). Hopefully, that will continue for a while. I'll give my daughter credit, she is certainly trying to keep Abi on the straight and narrow.

Janet, Abi is waaaaay into volleyball. She is playing club volleyball now and has practice 2 nights a week and games one night. She attends lots of volleyball clinics so that takes up more of her time.

She went on a church mission last month to Little Rock, AR and they painted and repaired houses. She loved it and had a great time.

She is going to math camp this summer (5 hours a day for two weeks) so that she can take algebra this fall in the 8th grade. She had the math grades to take it, but didn't score well enough on the assessment test. Just like me she has always had trouble with standardized tests. Anyway, she wanted to get into algebra a year early so badly that she happily agreed to go to math camp at school this summer!

Gary and I kept her a lot when she was little as my daughter was in college and they didn't have the money for day care. It took Brooke 7 years to finish college as she only took classes when Gary, me or her husband could watch Abi. Consequently, we are pretty close now - which I really enjoy.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:58 AM   #7
Blueyes
Donating 4WT Talker

That's great Gayle! She is adorable... and the model teenager! I'm glad your daughter gets to stay at home with them. I stayed at home with mine too.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #8
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

What a beautiful girl, Gayle!!! I know that you're very proud of her too!!! I know what you mean about them looking older......I have three granddaughters that are 13 but look older as well!!! Thank goodness they aren't into boys too much either and have attentive mothers as well. You have a good daughter to be so involved in your granddaughter's life......sadly, there are so many parents out there that don't care to be so involved. You are a very blessed Mother and Grandmother!!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #9
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

She is so beautiful Gayle! Look at those sparkling eyes and happy smile!

She has her head together too. Her activities are all good and also varied, so she is well rounded. You are right to be so proud of her!

I applaud your daughter for being there. I got a job with the Dept of Education when Jessie went into middle school so that I had the same hours and vacations as her, and could keep an eye on her. Jessie is home with her children too. It is so much better that way.

Enjoy your Abi!!!

judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #10
JJJ
Donating 4WT Addict

She is beautiful, and even thought she might look older she still carries that innocence with her.
I'm glad she's going to math camp to learn what I don't know. Numbers and me don't get along . I'm sure she will do great; she looks like one smart cookie.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote