4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Polls

View Poll Results: How important would you say religion is in your own life?
Very important 8 80.00%
Faily important 0 0%
Not very important at all 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2006, 07:18 AM   #1
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Religion

How important would you say religion is in your own life? At the present time, do you think religion as a whole is increasing its influence on American life or losing its influence?
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:54 AM   #2
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

I think religion has always been an influence on American life. I do not think that religion is losing its influence, but I do believe there are more people emerging who do not value religion as much as people in the past.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:52 AM   #3
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

Religion in my life is extremely important. I love God with all my heart and try to live my life for Him. We are very active in our church.

I believe that Christianity is losing it's influence in our society. Look at how Christmas is becoming....check out people can't say "Merry Christmas" because it's offensive to some people. They now have to say "Happy holidays".

Look at our schools since they've taken prayer out of the classrooms. I can't imagine being a teacher and going through what they do every day!

Where are our morals? Think back about 30 years ago to what was seen on TV. We have really changed in what we allow ourselves and our families to watch. Or even how kids dress!

Gay marriages? Abortions? I won't comment on how I feel about these.

I believe that our society is falling apart because of the way that we've ignored God and that it's going to continually get worse. Our only hope is that we turn back to God and beg His forgiveness. If we don't then I believe that He will punish the USA for all of the wickedness that we have.

I know that this is very dooms day-ish, but you wanted to start some conversations going. Sorry that it's long. I need to learn how to make things shorter but this is what I believe.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:55 AM   #4
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

I think that overall, the majority of Americans feel the same way you do, DianaB. I completely agree with you 100%. I think the reason it SEEMS like America is going down the wrong path is because the media is inheritly liberal and "secular progressive" (see my other thread entitled Traditionalist vs. Secular Progressive). I do feel that our founding fathers are shaking their heads at our country right now.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:04 PM   #5
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
I think that overall, the majority of Americans feel the same way you do, DianaB. I completely agree with you 100%. I think the reason it SEEMS like America is going down the wrong path is because the media is inheritly liberal and "secular progressive" (see my other thread entitled Traditionalist vs. Secular Progressive). I do feel that our founding fathers are shaking their heads at our country right now.

Rebecca you said it girl! The key word is that this country is run by to many liberals.. Need I say more.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:54 AM   #6
Janet
Donating 4WT 18K Club Member

Send a message via MSN to Janet Send a message via Yahoo to Janet
I think if God was allowed back in our schools, in our Government and in our hearts things would vastly improve. There is no more communication at work or at home, at least not as much as there should be. Everything is in rush mode. No one has time for the family to sit down for a meal and become closer.

I wish we could go back in time a little where it "seems" like God was the first thing we thought of in the morning and the last we talked with of a night. I don't think we'll ever get back to that time.

What is bothersome to me also, is that there are kids out there who have never heard a bible story....makes you think, doesn't it?
Old 11-07-2006, 06:51 PM   #7
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Religion is the center of my life. I try very hard to be a Christian first and all else must take it's proper place. People are forgetting that our country was founded on Christian values. I do not believe in such total separation of church and state, and do not believe that our founding fathers did either. Just look at all the scripture on buildings and memorials around Washington DC. The constitution does not guarantee a separation as some try to say it does. Don't get me wrong. I don't believe that our government should force religion on us, but I do believe that they should not restrict our freedom to exercise our religious beliefs openly.

You may be surprised though that I do like the change to Happy Holidays and Season's Greetings, because I do not believe that we should celebrate December 25 as Christ's birthday. No where in the Bible are we authorized to set aside a specific day to celebrate His birth. We should celebrate Christ's birth, life and death every day by obedience and reverence to Him. We are to commemerate him through the Lord's supper every first day of the week and live a life that is an honor to Him.

I definitely think that religion is losing it's influence. People need to get back to the Bible & try to live as God intended.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote