4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > 4WomenTalk Forums > General Women Discussion

Old 02-26-2008, 08:48 PM   #16
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Thank you for all your care and encouragement. I'm afraid to post pics, because I don't know if her fiance knows about this site. Our daughter is a member here, and I don't want any chance that her fiance will see her dress before the big day. I'll have to see if there are some pics I can share without the dress in them.

The planning is a bit more challenging because she is getting married 2 hours away from where I live, so much of our planning is long distance. I keep having to travel to them. I teach elementary Bible class on Sunday mornings, but have taken a break until after the wedding. Last Sunday was my last class for a while so I am more free to travel and can spend the weekend if necessary without needing to arrange a substitute.

My work has really picked up which is adding to the mix. I'm having to put in extra hours to keep up. We have lots of major chemical plant turnarounds and expansions and power plant work, so I've been running to Houston and Corpus Christi for meetings and working late to help get quotes out. Whew, when it rains it pours, but we have to be thankful for the extra business, especially since part of my compensation is commission. I can't believe how blessed we are financially right now, when we need it for the wedding and other expenses.

I do wish Val or Angie could take the pictures of the wedding. There is a professional photographer who worships where Melissa does who she has asked to take her pictures. She's seen his work and says he's good. I haven't seen anything he's done. I hope he is good. This is one of my areas of concern, but I just have to trust her on this one.

Thank you, again, I have to get some rest. Tomorrow moring will be here in a flash.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:42 PM   #17
DianaB
Donating 4WT 13K Club Member

It sounds like you are VERY busy, Marilyn, with the wedding and work. Remember to make some time for you to relax and don't get too stressed. At the end of weddings the result is always the same. They get married. It doesn't matter if everything was just perfect or not.

You and I are friends.......
Always remember that if you fall I will pick you up......

After I stop laughing!!!
DianaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:56 PM   #18
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Thank you all for your wisdom!!! Would you believe that I have a gift card for a spa day that I've had since Mother's day. I haven't had a Saturday that I could schedule off to enjoy my day. Will have to do it soon. Just hope it doesn't expire or something.

We did meet Melissa's future in-laws shortly after she and Garrett met. They all worship together and when we went to visit Melissa at school, we went to church with her and met them for lunch. We just have not known them very long or very well. They are very nice and I know we will all get along, it's just a bit stressful.

I know it's all going to be beautiful in the end, and they will make a really good family together.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:55 AM   #19
pope1982

Congratulations on you daughters engagedment and upcoming wedding. I am planning a wedding for March 1st of next year myself, so it's nice to have found your post!

I'd love to see pictures
pope1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:25 PM   #20
silkypup

you must be getting so excited (and stressed out) over all the work for the wedding! i'm going to be a bridesmaid in my best friend's wedding and there is so much that i never even thought about having to worry about with weddings. watching her plan her wedding is making me see how much work really goes into that day. i hope the rest of the planning runs smoothly. i love the colors that you guys are planning on using. are you going to be getting those clover green dresses and what style are they?

pope, you're getting married next year? that is so exciting congrats!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:15 AM   #21
judy
Donating 4WT Yakker

Marilyn,

It sounds like you've got everything well organized and moving along well.
Enjoy being with Melissa and treating her like a princess!

I know this will be an extraordinary wedding.

judy is offline   Reply With Quote