4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women  

4WomenTalk.com Home Forums Start Page Forums Chat Chat Frequently Asked Questions FAQ Member List Members List
Go Back   4WomenTalk Forums Community for Women > All Else > Off Topic Discussion

Old 08-05-2008, 03:08 AM   #16
HALEY

I like Merrick dog food and treats, my guys seem to like it.. and it's made in the good old USA, no China crap in there. Marylin, i believe it's made in Texas?
Old 08-05-2008, 03:40 AM   #17
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

Thank you all for your input!!!! Rebecca, it's nice to see you here. We've been missing you big time. Haley, I tried Merrick. It is made in Texas, but mine wouldn't eat it.

I meant to buy some of the suggestions on here yesterday to try, but was unable to do so, but hopefully tonight I can. I'm anxious to get them transitioned to something more healthy.

The seem very healthy now, lots of energy and all, but I'm concerned about long term issues without a more balanced diet.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #18
RLC12345678
4WT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post
Thank you all for your input!!!! Rebecca, it's nice to see you here. We've been missing you big time. Haley, I tried Merrick. It is made in Texas, but mine wouldn't eat it.

I meant to buy some of the suggestions on here yesterday to try, but was unable to do so, but hopefully tonight I can. I'm anxious to get them transitioned to something more healthy.

The seem very healthy now, lots of energy and all, but I'm concerned about long term issues without a more balanced diet.
Marilyn, if you don't want to buy a big bag but want to try Canidae or Taste of the Wild, let me know and I'll mail you a baggie of Canidae All Life Stages and a baggie of Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream!
"To whom much is given, much is expected." ~Luke 12:48
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:55 PM   #19
Bayou Baby

1.So far I've kept Harley on Eukanuba since the breeder had him on it and he hasn't had a problem yet.

2. I must agree- I prefer the feedback here than on YT! Maybe if we hint enough we might get a seperate thread going!
Old 08-07-2008, 03:37 AM   #20
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn View Post

Marilyn, if you have a nice feed store close by, i know mine if i want to try something new and if she has sample bags, she will give them to me to try for free.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:56 AM   #21
Marilyn
Donating 4WT 2000 Club Member

While trying to decide what to do, my Diamond ran out. On the way home from the gym we pass a Petsmart. We stopped and picked up some Science Diet Adult Small Bites Lamb and Rice, just so we would have something. I put some out before making their regular food to see what would happen, and they both ate it, so I just fed them the Science Diet last night and this morning. Did not mean to make the change so suddenly, because I know that's not good for their systems, but they liked it, so fingers crossed.

We'll see how they do. Thank you all so much for your input and, Rebecca, for your offer to share. I'm definitely saving this thread for future reference. So many of these foods sound good. I'm just not sure where to get some of the products locally. I've checked out most of the feed stores in the area. Some of them are not air conditioned, and with the temperatures getting as high as they do around here, I'm concerned about the food being stored at such high temperatures. Not sure if this is a valid concern, but would think climate controlled storage for food products would be best.
If anyone would like a free Bible Study CD or book entitled "Searching for Truth", PM me with your mailing address and I'll send you one. "And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." John 8:32
Marilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:01 PM   #22
gja1000
Donating 4WT Yakker

I have 2 yorkies, one very picky eater and one that will eat most anything. I finally gave up and started feeding them some wet food everyday, otherwise the picky eater may not eat anything at all.

They each get 1/2 can of Merrick wet. Their favorite is the wing-a-ling and the other is (I can't remember the name?!?!), but it has whole chicken thighs in the can and wing-a-ling has whole chicken wings. The thighs and wings are pressure cooked so the bones just fall apart. My boys LOVE LOVE LOVE these two brands. They both GOBBLE them down. I feed them the wet food first thing in the morning and then I keep Solid Gold Wee Bits out to free feed the rest of the day. That way if they eat any dry food, it helps to clean their teeth the rest of the day.

My picky eater WILL NOT eat any dry food with large kibbles, so the Wee Bits have worked well for us. Some days neither of them eat any dry food, other days they eat quite a lot of dry food.

Before I found Merricks wet, I had to hand feed the picky eater anything I could get him to eat.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:24 PM   #23
Lindsey
Donating 4WT Talker

I feed Layla Orijen 6 Fish. Great for her food allergies, and made right here in Canada

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it..." -Marilyn Monroe
Lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:51 AM   #24
HALEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by gja1000 View Post
I have 2 yorkies, one very picky eater and one that will eat most anything. I finally gave up and started feeding them some wet food everyday, otherwise the picky eater may not eat anything at all.

They each get 1/2 can of Merrick wet. Their favorite is the wing-a-ling and the other is (I can't remember the name?!?!), but it has whole chicken thighs in the can and wing-a-ling has whole chicken wings. The thighs and wings are pressure cooked so the bones just fall apart. My boys LOVE LOVE LOVE these two brands. They both GOBBLE them down. I feed them the wet food first thing in the morning and then I keep Solid Gold Wee Bits out to free feed the rest of the day. That way if they eat any dry food, it helps to clean their teeth the rest of the day.

My picky eater WILL NOT eat any dry food with large kibbles, so the Wee Bits have worked well for us. Some days neither of them eat any dry food, other days they eat quite a lot of dry food.

Before I found Merricks wet, I had to hand feed the picky eater anything I could get him to eat.
I have to try the Merricks wet, since my dogs love the dry Merricks, i'll pick that up on my next trip to the feed store, they also love the Merrick treats, and i like that there made in Texas, not China too.. My dogs also love hot dogs on the grill, they go nuts when the see Mike taking them to cook..
Old 08-08-2008, 07:00 PM   #25
Gina
Donating 4WT 500 Club Member

Marilyn , as most of you know Gucci had liver shunt surgery two years ago. I to debated this on YT but I stand my grounds. I don't care what they think. I have to feed Gucci Science Diet L/D prescription dry and wet . Knock wood she is doing beautiful on this.. I am allowed to give her treats, such as cherrios plain, some apple, banana, a little watermelon. I measure everythingon a daily basis. Thats about it as far as human foods..

Prior to Gucci being diagnosed with liver shunt she was on that other taboo food Eukanuba .. Everyone knows what is best for their dogs. I have spoken with the vets and have spent money on a nutritionist to work on her diet and what is best for Gucci. The nutritionist gave me all the pros and cons on the L/D diet and at this point its best for her to be on it.

Rebecca welcome back how are you? So happy to see you please join us again I miss you.
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote